Please read carefully!! Investment opportunity!!

Fantastic Investment Opportunity!!!
First about me, my name is Paul Turner I’m 21 and started up my own Real Estate company on November 18 2009 Biinvestings, LLC. The reason being I am active investing in commercial real estate “apartment complexes” nationwide. My goal this year is to 100 one hundred unit complexes.

The deal I’m currently working on is a 96 unit apartment complex in IL. Details on the property will be disclosed if you email me a request or call.

What I’m looking for is either ah partner or investor could be you get all the equity and I get the income. I know with deal, the first 6 months I won’t be making much of a profit with this approach. I have tried my best to mitigate the risk.

Here’s what I came up with so far:
What I need

$10,000.00 for earnest money deposit. $25-$30,000.00 for 3rd party fees that include: Title Company, attorney fees, appraisal, Phase 1 environmental and closing costs.

Property Information

96 unit’s apartment complex Illinois purchase price $2.45 million subject to appraisal. Class “C” type buildings. Gross $530k+ NOI $280k+.

What I’m offering

$5,000+ every month for 6 months with a balloon payment of $100k investment plus 25%-70% in equity at the end of 3-5 years.

How you get paid

Investor being put on 2nd on the property for a collateralized lien In case I’m not able to pay you or default in any way you would be legally able to take over the property. Casualty Insurance in case the property catches on fire or floods etc. Business Loss Insurance for up to 12 months this would pay for any income loss to Casualty’s that might befall the property. Key Man Life Insurance put into my company operating agreement if I pass away my operating agreement would pay my private money investors off with the proceeds.

Ideas? Questions?

Paul Turner

Modified due to rules violation

whats the current collateral that secures this loan…Please dont tell me ARV some nonsense like that…

Being put 2nd on the property. That way if I default you could take over and I would be out.

are you saying the loan you are asking for would be second position?..if so I dont do second position loans…Infact I dont know of any lenders taking second position any more…

With the decline in property values, seconds are very risky and nearly uncollectable if they are defaulted upon.

I never said there would be “0” zero risk!!! But I have done everything that I know to mitigate the risk and keep it to a minimum.

Investor being put on 2nd on the property for a collateralized lien In case I’m not able to pay you back in any way you would be legally able to take over the property. Casualty Insurance in case the property catches on fire or floods etc. Business Loss Insurance for up to 12 months this would pay for any income loss to Casualty’s that might befall the property. Key Man Life Insurance put into my company operating agreement if I’m die my operating agreement would pay my private money investors off with the proceeds.

What did I leave out my first born? Or am I post to sign in blood?

There more risk doing nothing then doing what I’m offering!

When if ever have you seen a deal where your putting in $40k and getting 100k+ out of it? Plus 25%-70% in equity?

What did I leave out my first born? Or am I post to sign in blood?

There more risk doing nothing then doing what I’m offering!

When if ever have you seen a deal where your putting in $40k and getting 100k+ out of it? Plus 25%-70% in equity?

:deal

Wow, a little testy. Your very first post on a Newsgroup Forum is asking strangers for money and you get testy when you receive questions and comments?

If this deal is so great, why didn’t local investors snap it up? What was their rationale for declining the opportunity??

At the risk of being rude, your post is akin of a nigerian scam.

I haven’t have the chance to see talk to any of my local investors yet.

blackcard,
in all seriousness and im not trying to belittle your investment post…Marketing it as a second position and or an investment is useless in this market…I lend hard money and have been approached by some of the most laughable deals that you can imagine…I routinely turn down %90 of what comes at me because it doesnt fit my criteria…So dont take it personally…Maybe you have a decent investment option for the right person…For a hard money lender,I can tell you that not a single one will touch it…I get offered partnerships on deals probably weekly and I havent accepted one…I only lend on free and clear properties or overtake first positions if there is sufficient equity…Or do purchases when the buyer can prove he is putting in atleast %35+ of verifiable funds into the deal…I never lend to uncollateralized deals…If the deal goes bad I want the borrower to get hurt and I want to come out smelling like a rose…I wont lend any other way and despite what you might think all hard money lenders want the same scenario…A win win is all we are looking for…Partnerships…second positions are risk that hard money lenders dont need to take…I suggest you go to some local RE meetings and search for an investor that way…Or try some local online listing sites such as craigslist…Maybe you will find a fish but I honestly doubt it…

Hard money is great in some cases. This I am fully aware of I have to hard money lenders that do 80% LTV with rates of 7-13%. I’m not looking for hard money this is the first deal I put together an as of now I don’t have $40k+ of my own money to put into it.

So I was look for someone to step in and assist me with this deal.

Besides I walk by faith not by sight!

High BlackCard21,

I have a Nephew who is almost 20, you sound very much like him as he wants to start life at the top, it's not bad to have goals and have a dream but reality say's that you have to gain experience as you go along.

I bought my first investment property on a wrap at 19, it was seven fixer upper units in San Diego, CA. I thought it was the greatest thing since chopped liver, I worked on it in my spare time for almost a year around going to college and working full time. It consumed my spare time and when I sold it a little over two years later I figured I only made about $10 dollars an hour for my time, it taught me to work smarter, not harder.

I had parents who were big investors, my mom was a real estate broker who also had a college degree and a dad who was a real estate developer, engineer and MBA and both were big on real estate investing, I got the benefit of two very skilled mentors who started teaching me real estate, construction and development at an early age, I think I was maybe 7 years old when I first started going to job sites, being shown the right way and the wrong way.

Property was cheaper to buy in the early 1970’s and to be a “Multi-Million Dollar Sales agent” meant you had to sell a bunch of 25k, 35k and 50k properties, my mother brokered an office and managed 30 or 40 agents and could still sell millions in real estate every year, it was the day when agents and brokers actually worked long days, normally 7:30 am till 10:00 or 11:00 at night, six or seven days a week and actually served there buying clients.

I worked in the construction industry going through college, I had 6 years experience in construction working after school, weekends and summers during Jr. high and high school, I had more experience than most by the time I bought that first property.

I have worked hard for 30 years, I have paid my dues, and learned by the school of hard knocks, I did not get an opportunity to partner on a real apartment property until I got a percentage of a property in Los angeles with my parents in 1985, everything till that point were single families, duplexes, triplexes, fourplexes and the occasional five, six seven or so unit properties I could wheel and deal for.

But you see the difference is by 1985 I was out school, I had three years of construction management experience and had successfully worked together to complete three projects in Los Angeles between 50m and 100m successfully, I was creating a track record of successfully completeing projects on time and under budget and had gained experience successfully managing millions of project dollars.

I had 8 or 9 rental properties in 1985 and had bought and sold forty or fifty properties at this point, I was beginning to know what I was doing, and actually making a profit.

I do not know your background or history of education or experience but I can tell you enphatically that know one will put money with you for real estate in a project in which you have no experience, no track record and no money (skin) in the game.

I might as well have a wieny roast and burn the 40k as it will go right down the toilet with you, and I am specifically refering to the responsibilities of the project and inability to successfully manage 96 units.

Start with a single family, gain experience if you want to pursue apartment investing then learn all you can, look at a whole lot of properties, learn construction from the maintence and renovation standpoint and get some experience with duplexes, tri[plexes and fourplexes, build experience and a track record and try this again in fifteen or twenty years. Getting a “CAM” Certified Apartment Manager credentials probable doesn’t hurt either.

Your ambition is admirable, but keep in mind people who invest in apartments, don’t need partners with no education, experience or money!

Good luck to you.

GR

I don’t need experience I have something better the favor of God is on my life to do this. Besides I know God already told the person that’s going to help me. I’m just waiting on his call. But thank you for trying to discourage me me but It’s not going to work I know I’m going to be at the right Place and the right Time Meeting the right Person the Breaks I’m going to get! Everything’s going to fall into place!

Hi,

There was a man who lived beside a river, one year the rain really came down, the river was rising and homes were flooding, the man heard a knock at the door and it was a police officer warning the man to get out, well the man stayed and the rain came down and the river was raising and the area was flooding and the man heard a knock at his door, and he answered and found a fireman in a boat who said come on, get in and we will save you and yet the man stayed and then his house moved, captured by the water the was pushed downstream where it caught on some rocks.

A search and rescue team came along and said we will save you, we will throw you a rope that you might live, and the man said “No Thank You”!

The rain came down, the flood continued to raise and the house was pushed off the rock, down the river breaking the house to pieces and killing the man, when the man got to heaven he said “Father I believe in you and believed you would save me” and God said “Man” I sent you a police man, a fireman and a search and rescue team to save you and you foolishly chose to ignore my hand, so welcome to heaven.

God helps those who help themselves!

GR

NO God help’s His obedient son’s and daughters.

When I was 20, I was still in university and an opportunity presented itself and I bought a duplex with my dad as a 50% equity partner. It was run down and needed a lot of updating. There were so many things he wouldn’t let me do with it and it took me years to buy a converted fourplex and it wasn’t until I was 28 that I was able to buy my first true apartment building, which was 18 units. After the first apartment building, it was easy to buy others. Do you think in the time before I bought my first true apartment building that I didn’t contact every mortgage broker in the city, tried every government program and tried everything I’ve read in real estate book on how to close apartment buildings? The owners and agents all gave the lecture you’re getting from above.

What you’re doing is not gonna happen. It’s unrealistic and a recipe for disaster on their dime. You want to jump from A to Z instead of going through the letters of the alphabet. Sorry, it just doesn’t happen that way in the real world. You’re going to be waiting your whole life and become a very bitter person. Try something smaller like convincing a relative to partner with you on a duplex and build up from there.

David
Realtor & Investor

wow, I didn’t know God was looking for real estate, He better have two years tax returns ready and some cash because the lenders are all in HELL :biggrin

blackcard,

I think it is great that your faith in the lord is so strong, but if you are relying on God to send the right partner your way why are yopu posting on internet boards begging for money? If it is in the lord’s plan for you to prosper through real estate shouldn’t you just be at home waiting for the phone to ring?

Seriously though you sound like a petulant child the way you are responding to some of the advice you were given. If you don’t want to hear people’s responses then you should not be posting in an open forum.

AMEN!

Because that’s what I wanted to do :banghead Yeah but I got it now.

Well I needed the wake up call to. Anyway here’s finally when I got that wisdom.

http://www.joelosteen.com/Broadcast/VideoStreaming/Pages/VideoStreaming.aspx#

I feel dumb now that I know what I was NOT doing.

Hope this helps you more than it helped me. :slight_smile:

Having optimism - good.
Having faith in God - good.
Thinking God is going to make you a billionaire because you prayed about it - misguided.

There are plenty of believers on this forum. There’s no reason to think that all of us are evil for trying to get you to be realistic.

So I guess you are the reincarnated biinvestings88 account that got shut down because you were always just posting your “deals” on here right?