Obama Noble Peace Prize

Help obama win the Heisman Trophy!! Just write in his name and click vote.

http://promo.espn.go.com/espn/contests/theheismanvote/2009/

Yo Barack, I’m really happy for you, I’ma let you finish, but Yasser Arafat…
was the least deserving Nobel Peace Prize winner of all time! OF ALL TIME!

Facts do have a confusing effect, don’t they PosOutlook?

How about the fact that children and babies can’t vote, so yes, the portion of Americans who voted for Obama was small. That was a really twisted bit of logic there. How about the proportion of adult voters who voted?

Many Presidents have squeeked through with tiny majorities, some with no popular vote majority. I think Bush was in that category. There was no point to all that wordiness about how few people voted for Obama?! He won, didn’t he?

Yasser Arafat? Did he really get the Peace Prize? Was that external pressure to finally end the Palestine-Israel mess? If so, it didn’t work.

Furnishedowner

Furnishedowner,

"Yasser Arafat? Did he really get the Peace Prize? Was that external pressure to finally end the Palestine-Israel mess? "

The difference here is that it was for actual work done… Arafat, Peres and Rabin shared it, recognizing their efforts for peace… Obama hasn’t done anything yet, and he certainly didn’t 12 days into office to be nominated…

This was poltical… period… the committee said as much… not because Obama deserved it… when it was announced, there were audible gasps in the room…

How do you think it enhances his credibility when so many, liberals to boot, look at it with incredulity?.. You don’t think other leaders see this… not to mention the adultation he receives from dictators, referring to him as their “son”, and that coupled with his actions make him look weaker, not stronger… it plays into the whole cult of personality…

To put a point on it… Obama went PERSONALLY with his wife and Oprah to get the Olympics, and was rejected in the first round…

Yeah, they love him… :rolleyes

I will give Obama credit in that he apparently is donating the money to charity (assuming it is a real charity)…

Obama himself recognized the ridiculous nature of this in his remarks… but for some reason Furnishedowner, you don’t see what he does…

Ah, it sounds like more money for ACORN. Think of all the young hookers of the world they can reach out to who want to start their very own whore house with underage girls!! Bunny Ranch, you’re going down!!

So if I say I’m gonna change things and make it all better,then I can get one too?(without actually doing anything).This award is a joke,who did’nt know this since last year’s BS artist Al Gore got it.This year’s BS artist is an egomaniac that we’re stuck with till 2013.

Furnsihed,
All I can say is WOW.I would’nt go running out to get your obama tattoo just yet though.You’re too far gone on this one,did I already say WOW??Unbeleivable!!

Positive,

I would expect some fuzzy math to come from you after all you are struggling to understand this equation…

1 unfinished rental house X 12 months = huge loss

And before you give me some ridiculous long winded explanation about how you don’t have payments on the house because you own it outright or its a hobby for you. Whatever… Try looking up the definition of opportunity cost.

Also, since you will probably be spending time doing some cutting and pasting why not take a few minutes to look up Glastnost and Perestroika. They will give you good insight into the end of the cold war.

Hoosier,

Perhaps you could take time away from your Hooch man-crush to explain the message you were trying to send??

That post reminds me of a Saturday Night Live Sketch…

Strategery!

Christopher,
Are there 2 houses now…seriously? I thought all the debate was over 1 rental house this whole time.

My bad. I corrected my post.

Im just stating the fact that… Furnished is all on her hands and knees for our president and Congress/media right now, she probably has the same view points as they do. And they believe us people who disagree with Comasar’ Obama are all right-wing racists.

It just seems that you, Hoosier, are buying more and more into the “I hate government and I hate Obama” mindset. It’s soooo non-productive.

What is the point? Just to be aligned with the hate-mongers on the far right? The nihilists who just tear down, but never come up with a single positive plan themselves?

It’s so easy to destroy. So difficult to build consensus. Easy to criticize, difficult to create.

I’m happy that this President got elected. Voted for him. I endured the last 8 years of the guy I didn’t vote for. Thought he was weak, ineffectual, and managed by pit bulls like Rove, Cheney and others. Most of the world agreed with me.

But I still respected the office of the President. And not everything that President did was bad. I liked some of his decisions. He did have the balls to recognize that government intervention was needed when the economy boat sprung a potentially fatal leak. He plugged it.

The point is…Is there anything AT ALL that you like or support about Obama? Or do you just rant on…"I HATE THIS, I HATE THAT, OMIGOD WE ARE GOING TO THE DOGS?!

Furnishedowner

I dont hate government… I hate BIG government. This is what you Liberals dont understand.

Also… you are suggesting Im a Bush supporter. HELL NO. Why not? HE SPENT WAY TO MUCH!!!

You say your for health care reform. As am I (much different than you, but still)… How in the HELL can you support a president who want to PUNISH me for not buying something (health care)? That is COMPLETLY unAmerican. I dont know where your from, but NORMAL people do not like the thought of the Government FORCING me to buy something, and PUNISHING me with a steep tax if I choose not to. Step outside your box, your probably from California arent you? You sound like Pelosi… Jesus Christ.

This is all I want…

I like the principle of individualism and liberty (which is what this country is based on) and we are QUICKLY moving away from that. The Constitution is the tool that keeps Government in its rightful place.

Christopher,

“I would expect some fuzzy math to come from you after all you are struggling to understand this equation… 1 unfinished rental house X 12 months = huge loss”

Yawn… :rolleyes

“And before you give me some ridiculous long winded explanation about how you don’t have payments on the house because you own it outright or its a hobby for you. Whatever… Try looking up the definition of opportunity cost.”

As I’ve state on numerous occassions, the final numbers will speak for themselves, and as I’ve stated before, I am going to walk away with a double-digit return on this investment even if I kept it for 2 years and sold it on the low end… So my money will have returned more than I could have gotten elsewhere the past year… but at least I HAVE a property (with one on the way) and am in the game… So your criticism is quite hollow and just points to the fact that you criticize that which do not have… :bs

“Also, since you will probably be spending time doing some cutting and pasting why not take a few minutes to look up Glastnost and Perestroika. They will give you good insight into the end of the cold war”

If that is your answer, you demonstrate a very limited understanding of the Cold War… Do a little more reading on the subject before trying to answer…

Hoosier,

“I dont hate government… I hate BIG government. This is what you Liberals dont understand”

And they never will… but there is always “hope” that they can change…

“I like the principle of individualism and liberty (which is what this country is based on) and we are QUICKLY moving away from that. The Constitution is the tool that keeps Government in its rightful place.”

Well said… But to people who think the government is THE answer, you are banging your head against the wall trying to persuade them or even give your point of view…

To put a point on it… tell them if they think the government is the way to go, then they should be TEACHING their kids how to depend on the government and access every dime they can from it… If not, WHY not?

If they are going to teach individualism and self-reliance to their kids, then they obviously feel that is superior, but for “other” people, their fellow-citizen, give them the government…

Noone gets ahead with the government… they just get by… what a horrible life to want for anyone… just look at all the inner cities… a direct indictment of the government way…

Positive,

I am just trying to keep it nice and easy for you. It is very clear from your postings that you spin things in a way that either make them easy for you to understand or justify. You can try to avoid my comments as you always seem to do but if you are going to coninue to post your unsubstantiated drivel you should a least try to back it up instead of trying to force the rest of us to prove you wrong.

What is even more ridulous is you trying to give guidance to Hoosier. His comments are almost as erroneous as yours.

As for your double digit returns… And me criticzing that which I do not have. Haha nice cop out. Unlike you I rehabbed my properties and sold my last one last year. In fact I just refinanced one of my buyers so I made money last year AND this year!! But you keep hanging on to your “double digit” returns in the future theory.

Lastly may I suggest that you get a termite inspection on the property you are acquiring. In the past you have had trouble in this area.

I am just trying to keep it nice and easy for you

Now Christpher you know that this is not true. If you were truly making it easier you would write in short sentences to make it easier for Positiveoutlook to cut and paste. :anon

Hoosier,
I hate big health insurance worse than you hate big government!

You bet that you can be required to pay for health insurance! Otherwise you will just be another uninsured doofus patient who goes into our high-priced, high-tech ER’s because you fell off your motorcycle, overdosed on too much happy-juice, couldn’t stop vomiting from H1N1, got a chicken-bone stuck in your throat, or shut your hand in your truck door.

Stuff happens, man! Life happens while you’re busy making other plans! (stolen from John Lennon?)

You need medical coverage just like everyone else. You could even get hit with a really big one like a brain aneurysm. I remember my first student day in the hospital where I had to help take care of a patient in a coma–younger than me!–struck down by a brain aneurysm! That was a shocker. You are not exempt from the grim reaper just because you are young. Statistically, you are WAY more likely to get injured or killed in a car accident, just ask your insurance carrier.

So yes, you should be required to pay for a preventative policy that spreads the risk over ALL Americans. We are all connected, like it or not. You cough, I get TB. I sneeze, you get flu. We all need to be as healthy as possible. We all need to pay for it. The government can do this without huge salaries for Health Insurance CEO’s. If the government doesn’t do a good job we can complain to our elected representatives, and then vote those suckers outa office.

You can run, Hoosier, but you can’t hide. You’re gonna need health coverage just like the rest of us.

Furnishedowner

So basically what your saying is… the government knows better than I do, when it comes to making personal decisions. Typical… Liberal who has all their faith in Government. Just let me keep the fruits of my labor, and spend then how I see fit.

Christopher,

“You can try to avoid my comments as you always seem to do but if you are going to coninue to post your unsubstantiated drivel you should a least try to back it up instead of trying to force the rest of us to prove you wrong.”

YOU were the one who brought it up when you tried to say Reagan didn’t end the Cold War… so I asked you to enlighten us… your reference regarding Glastnow and Perestroika demonstrate you have a limited understanding of the Cold War… and you didn’t answer it to boot… unsubstantiated… read a little history before you attempt an answer…

“What is even more ridulous is you trying to give guidance to Hoosier.”

Agreeing with his excellent point is not giving him guidance… just because you may disagree doesn’t make YOU right unless you prove his point wrong… which you didn’t…

“His comments are almost as erroneous as yours.”

When you start answering questions instead of asking questions in response to questions, your opinion regarding who is erroneous or not carries no weight…

“As for your double digit returns… And me criticzing that which I do not have. Haha nice cop out. Unlike you I rehabbed my properties and sold my last one last year.”

Last May I believe it was… 17 months ago… You indeed do not currently have an investment property, and have not had one for a year and a half… Hmmm… Anyway, point remains… Like I said, at least I am in the game (and on track for my second)… with your “experience” and mortgage background… with all those contacts you think you’d be scooping them up left and right… you are watching the parade pass you by… I wonder why?.. After all, you’re in Texas, and from what I’ve read, it is one of the few states not hit by the bubble…

“But you keep hanging on to your “double digit” returns in the future theory.”

There’s nothing to “hang onto”… the numbers will speak for themself… When all is said and done I will post the results… This is a side investment for me, and I don’t know of another investment I could have made with the money that will return me double-digits during these times… beyond mutual funds… I don’t play the stock market, so no matter how you try to spin it, I will make a nice return with my investment… You? You’re just sitting on the sidelines with all your expertise… :rolleyes

“Lastly may I suggest that you get a termite inspection on the property you are acquiring. In the past you have had trouble in this area.”

Yawn… :rolleyes For the record, I had no trouble… the certified inspector had the trouble as well as the city in their report on the property… But of course you being in the mortgage industiry have never seen an inspector miss something… :rolleyes

In the meantime, you feel free to keep bringing up the lame straw man time and time again… It’s not original though… don’t you have an original one of your own or do you let others do your thinking for you… Isn’t that what you criticized Hoosier for??? Watch those glass houses, eh… Heck you didn’t even give the originator of this straw man credit… plagerism is usually frowned upon Christopher… :biglaugh :lol