Morgan Stanley: "America's Fiscal Trainwreck"

An interesting article from Science and Technology News

http://www.transworldnews.com/NewsStory.aspx?id=104031&cat=12

Some interesting excerpts -

“The US Government has spent more than $79 billion of taxpayers’ money since 1989 on policies related to climate change, including science and technology research, administration, propaganda campaigns, foreign aid, and tax breaks. Most of this spending was unnecessary.”

“Carbon trading worldwide reached $126 billion in 2008. BANKS, WHICH PROFIT MOST, ARE CALLING FOR MORE. Experts are predicting the carbon market will reach $2 - $10 trillion in the near future. Hot air will soon be the largest single commodity traded on global exchanges.”

This is BIG-BUSINESS… we are talking TRILLIONS here, and guess who gets to PAY for it… YOU!

[i][b]“Meanwhile, in a distracting sideshow, Exxon-Mobil Corp is repeatedly attacked for paying just $23 million to skeptics—less than a thousandth of what the US government spends on alarmists, and less than one five-thousandth of the value of carbon trading in 2008 alone.”

““This study counts the cost of years of wasted Federal spending on the ‘global warming’ non-problem. Government bodies, big businesses and environmental NGOs have behaved like BIG TOBACCO: recruiting, controlling and rewarding their own “group-think” scientists who bend climate modeling to justify the State’s near-maniacal quest for power, control, wealth and forced population reduction.”[/b][/i]

For those who are believers in man-made global warming, it’s time to start QUESTIONING what you are being fed… ask for PROOF!

Here is the study from the article…

http://scienceandpublicpolicy.org/images/stories/papers/originals/climate_money.pdf

http://scienceandpublicpolicy.org/images/stories/papers/originals/climate_money.pdf

Here are a few thought to consider from the study…

[i][b]“In this scientific debate, one side is gagged while the other side has a government-funded media campaign.”

“A trial without a defense is a sham…
Business without competition is a monopoly…
Science without debate is propaganda”

“Thousands of scientists have been funded to find a connection between human carbon emissions and the climate. Hardly any have been funded to find the opposite. Throw 30 billion dollars at one question and how could bright, dedicated people not find 800 pages 6 worth of connections, links, predictions, projections and scenarios? (What’s amazing is what they haven’t found: empirical evidence.)”

“And scientists are human, they have mortgages and kids. If Exxon money has any pulling power, government money must also “pull”.”[/b][/i]

Furnishedowner,

Should we be expecting to hear from your “Deep Throat” expert anytime soon?

WHATEVER HAPPENED TO FURNISHEDOWNER??? It’s been two weeks since we last heard from her…

Furnishedowner… welcome back!

Now that you’ve rejoined us, when can we expect to hear from your “deep throat” expert? I certainly hope it wasn’t just another “friend” who doesn’t materialize? :biggrin

Hope you enjoyed the weather on your vacation… sounds great… Gotta’ tell you though, we’ve had basically the same beautiful weather on the opposite coast… normally, our summertime weather is in the low to high 90’s… nowhere’s near normal, but then again, there were over 4000 LOW-TEMP records set during this summer… records broken and RE-BROKEN during the same summertime…

Seriously, welcome back… :beer hopefully now you can put to rest some issue’s regarding you on a few threads…

Furnishedowner,

Well, it’s been just about a month, and we’ve gotten nothing but silence from you on whether your “deep throat” expert source would take you up on your challenge for a debate…

The silence is telling… we’ll leave it at that, I guess…

Hopefully, you and others have had your eyes opened a little bit, and are not just going to swallow what you are being fed and subsequantly be LESS WILLING to FORCE others to pay for ludicrous bills like Cap and TAX (trade)…

Only time will tell…