Arizona Deputy Shot by Illegal in Arizona Today!

In 1998, I went to El Paso and also stopped for a day in New Mexico. Even back then, it was a scary place to be. I remember stopping at a gas station briefly, and then immediately driving away after seeing an armed gang hanging out. Over the years, I’ve lived in pretty tough places in America (south Chicago, bad part of Jersey City), so I have a decent frame of reference as far as what constitutes scary versus not.

I don’t know if what I saw was a product of drug/human/ammo trafficking. However, I know whenever smugglers/drugs are involved, it’ll significantly deteriorate the quality of life in that neighborhood.`

Mexico is a VERY scary place. Most people never see outside of their resorts when they visit.

I was in Cabo once and my friend and I drove up the coast to see the “Hotel California” in Todo Santos. On the way up we decided to hit the beach for a quick dip to cool off. The VW Bug we were driving did not have A/C. There were armed soldiers patrolling the beach to keep drug smugglers from South America from coming on shore. Needless to say we got the heck out of there as fast as we could.

Arizona's law originally said that the attorney general or a county attorney cannot investigate complaints based "solely" on factors such as a person's race, color or national origin. The changes enacted Friday remove the word "solely" to emphasize that prosecutors must have some reason other than an individual's race or national origin to investigate.

But Chin dismissed the significance of that change. Both the federal and state constitutions make it clear that you can “never stop someone exclusively on account of race,” he said.

Actually it says that it has to be a separate lawful contact. If an officer is investigating a robbery and he interviews a witness he can ask that witness for identification.

They also should not be called immigrants. Immigrants come to this country to be Americans. They make no bones about the fact that they are Mexicans or whatever. We act like they want to be here, they don’t. They want the jobs we have here but they prefer their countries.

Bluemoon,

I also have friends who are mexican,they say alot of them like you said don’t want to be legal residents.They just want to make enough to retire in their country which is usually a fraction of what it is to retire here.Our system(if u wanna call it that)has the tables tilted totally in their favor if this is their goal.We should deport them like crazy if they are’nt legal or in the process.

And this BS of they are working jobs americans won’t do is a joke.I don’t know of many jobs americans refuse to do,now for a ridiculous wage is a whole other story.So I say hold the places accountable who take advantage of this situation.It’s nothing more than slavery and the employer should be treated as such.

But I fear nothing much will be done.Washington is way to focused on votes and keeping their positions of power, more than actually making a difference for the better.