Ya think this will work??

I got a pdf list of people that have not paid there property taxes last year from the county website. I am a programmer, so I wrote a program to parse out the names and addresses of the owners that owe over 2 grand. I am thinking of trying to send a foreclosure letters to them. What do you think?

I don’t like how it sounds. Sending them a foreclosure letter? That says what, exactly? That you are going to foreclose their taxes? Check the tax laws in your area, IMO. That just sounds ‘shady’ to me. (NOTE: I’m not calling you shady, but if I was a homeowner and got that from anyone OTHER than my tax municipality, I’d toss it and/or report it as fraudulant.

just my .02

Well. The unpaid tax pdf is on the county web site. I got the idea because a friend of mine is on that list and he is thinking about going into bankruptcy. It is no different that looking threw preforeclosure list. Right?

That depends…even after the house is taken back and sold to someone else for back taxes, some states allow redemption by the original owner for ridiculous lengths of time - Louisiana was like 2 or 3 years after the house is taken!

Keith

Well. The way I look at it, I am going to send out 200 letters. Cost me about $85. I would be willing to say at least 1 sale could be made. Maybe I sould send a little bit more generic letter. Like something like a Scott Rster letter…

Do you need to sell your house and F-A-S-T! I buy houses that others simply won’t consider because of one reason: I Get Personally Involved. Others just don’t take the time to listen how to meet your needs because everyone’s situation is unique from the next person.

I am an investor and do expect to make a profit so if you need all cash and retail value for your house, then simply do not call me. However, if you have some flexibility and need a resolution quickly so you can quit putting your entire life on hold then give me a call. No obligation, fees, commissions. I just want to buy your house!

It is actually a very good idea because they are probably behind tax for lack of payments. These people either own their homes free and clear, or did not escrow they tax and insurance due to good credit so they don’t want to ruin it.

Send them letters and postcards, just not a foreclosure ones since they are not in foreclosure.

I think the OP is talking about a straight sale, though, using the list only as a marketing/mailing list.

This all sounds fine, but I think the point was being made not to say that someone is in foreclosure or otherwise in jeopardy of losing their house when that might not be the case. No harm in sending an “I Buy Houses” letter, though.