Winning After CORONA

Nobody knows how this corona crisis ends. But what you can do is expect for the best, prepare for the worst. Because if you’re prepared for whatever happens (no matter how bad things get), you’ll win.

Here are 4 ways to prepare for what’s coming:

Get lean in your business and in your life. Cut expenses (the things you can do without), not investments (the things that give you value).
Get positive, stay positive. It’s not about denying reality. It’s about approaching the problem with a winning attitude. Studies show that positivity makes you 30% more effective in making decisions. This increases your confidence and your probability of success.
Give more. Focus on helping people. Listen to them and care. Making more money requires adding more value to people, now more than ever.
Get support. You need support now, more than ever before. Get into coaching and join a community of other agents who are committed to their success.

Always be prepared…so even when the worst happens, you’ll win!

Agree. Plus from a property perspective a downturn will open upots of buying opportunities. I hope we avoid a downturn but of it comes I am ready to take advantage of it.

That’s a great way of looking at it. Learning experience.

Nice information. Thanks for the advice and tips! :biggrin

Great advice, thanks for sharing.

I 100% agree that people need to stay positive and continue working. The people that do will come out of this much stronger than those who do not.

I’ll give you one example. It’s a small example but it’s really interesting. I was going through, a few weeks ago, this was before all this really hit us, and I was managing one of my mobile apps. I don’t remember what it was, but I went into my iPhone, the app store, and I was managing my apps, and I didn’t realize it said, “If you want to turn off the subscription or cancel it, here’s where you do them.” And I went to do it and I’m like, “It shows me all these subscriptions that I have on my mobile apps, on my iPhone, that are paid apps.” I had four apps on my phone that were charging me money that I did not even know were there. Okay. My fault, my bad. I wasn’t paying attention to my money enough, but it was there and I’m like, “Well, so …” And of the four, three of them I didn’t need. Like boom, cut, turn that one off, turn that one off. So I saved like 10 or 15 bucks a month right there. Right? And it was stuff I didn’t … I wasn’t using it, I didn’t even know I was spending it.

So, get lean, get into your finances, pay attention to every dollar, where it’s going. You want to protect your cash, you want to protect your cash flow, and yet you still want to be spending the money where you need to that will keep your business moving forward. If you’re doing marketing, you’re investing in marketing and it’s making you money, and it’s getting you leads, getting you business, don’t quit doing that. You want to keep making the money, right?

All very good points 100% agree. Also, take this time to train your team and get your processes and systems perfected. When the sellers and buyers get in full steam you’ll be ready. We’re still buying for sure though

This is a great post! I agree with you, no one really knows how this will end. We just have to wait and see, but we should prepare for whatever may happen.

I’m very hopeful that this social distancing doesn’t become the new norm for a while but no one knows and it seems that professionals are giving conflicting information on when this should end.

The phone app subscription is a great example, most people forget about app subscriptions after the fact. Some things that I have canceled are streaming services that I barely use. I have hulu, netflix, etc but I really only use one of them so I cancelled the others. Luckily I do monitor my accounts so I see when money gets taken out, but many times, it gets taken out for an app then I remember to cancel it.

Haha the same exact thing happened to me with the apps, had no idea I was paying the subscriptions now am saving $20/mo! The little things add up.

I love your notes about staying positive. This time period sucks for everyone that is for sure. It’s so easy to feel like it’s out of our control. And most of it is, but what we can control is how we react to it! Use this time to sharpen your skills, learn new things, and stay positive. Remember that there is abundance everywhere, but not everyone is trained to see it!