will they lend if I have no skin in the game?

Hello. I am looking to buy an apartment complex. If I can get the seller to give me 30% seller financing, will a commercial lender give the other 70% or will the lender not do that because I have none of my own money in the game? Thanks for the clarification.


depends on the lender in the transaction. Check around and see if you can find a commercial lender that will allow 100% CLTV. The max I have ever seen is 97%, but that does not mean it does not exist.

There are a couple of ways of getting to 100% (or close to it)—here they are:

  • 97 LTV: Needs to be O/O and you will need to go FULL DOC
  • 95 CLTV: Combine a lender 1st of 75 with a seller 2nd of 20.
  • 100 CLTV: A couple of different ways:
  • 90 Lender 1st + 10 Unsecured LOC
  • 80 Lender 1st + 10 Seller 2nd + 10 Unsecured LOC

Hope this helps.


Scott Miller