Will California fine me

I am rehabbing a home in California and the city tried to refuse to give me a permit unless I had a contractors licence.They did after some arm twisting. I see under state law you can’t offer to sell or sell a home for 12 months after you obtain a work permit or the state contractors board will fine you for acting as a contractor without a licence. B&P CODES 7044.

You need to obtain a “Owner Builder” permit…

Best Regards,
Jeff Adam