Why are gas prices NOT rising due to BP's oil leak?

Gas prices rise during hurricanes and other natural disasters, but we currently have the biggest spill in US history and gas prices don’t seem to be affected. Why? :huh

The emperor has no clothes. The price of gas has nothing to do with spills and short term events if that were so the price would come down as fast as it goes up after the disaster. The oil industry is in trouble now. People are looking at them and the best way to get them nationalized is to show the public that they can’t do the job properly and by the way we are greedy also.

Oil prices and gas prices are not rising because the world-wide economy is in BIG trouble.

biggest spill in US history

I believe that it is now the biggest in history (globally).

Said on the news: the amount of oil spilled in the gulf so far is about equal to one hour’s worth of use in the USA.

I expected the gas companies to take advantage and use it as an excuse to raise prices, but Bluemoon is probably right. The oil companies are worried about their public image right at this moment.

It was 2.15 a gallon over the holidays in select stations here in coastal GA. :biggrin

I was listening to Glen Beck today. He said that this is he summer driving season, we have the largest oil spill in US history and we are about to go to war in the middle east. Why is gas so low?

I was listening to Glen Beck today. He said that this is he summer driving season, we have the largest oil spill in US history and we are about to go to war in the middle east. Why is gas so low?

And the answer is…ding, ding, ding…Oil prices and gas prices are not rising because the world-wide economy is in BIG trouble.