Wholesale Buyer Letter (Opinions?)

Hey all,

As you may recall from my last post, I’ve been having a hard time getting any interest from prospective wholesale buyers via phone and email. So I thought since I got such a great response from my absentee mailer experiment (66% on 50 letters) I would try mailing people about buying via wholesaling.

I went through the assesors website and just searched “LLC” and “INC” under owner name, and kept all the addresses in my contacts of people holding two or more SFHs or duplexes. I got almost 200, and I can probably get more if I think of other things to search like “investments” or “properties”.

Let me know what you think of my letter to them:

Basic
Letter
Head

Dear Sir or Madam,

My name is Brandon Palmer and I am a real estate investor in Monroe County. I wanted to offer you an opportunity to buy property at a deep discount. I am constantly putting out marketing to find distressed property in the area, and I often get more deals than I can handle on my own.

If you would be interested, I would like to offer some of these great deals to you. How it works is called “wholesaling” in real estate investor lingo. What I do is put out my marketing and get people calling. When they call I get all their information and study the deal. If my numbers show a good opportunity, I negotiate with the sellers and get the best price possible. I get the property under an assignable contract and contact you, one of my potential buyers. If you want the deal, I simply assign it over to you for a very tiny percentage of the equity.

The bargains I come across are usually very diverse. Whether you are a rehabber, a landlord, or a little of both, I can find something that fits your needs, and you do no work other than close on the house. As a general rule, I do not pursue any property that I do not believe I can get 75% of market value on. This is just a rule of thumb and they are often much lower.

If you are interested please contact me either by letter, email, or phone and we can talk more about this. My contact information is located at the bottom of this letter. Please have the following information listed or ready when we talk.

Phone numbers
Preffered mailing address
Email

Property price range
Number of families
Areas of the county
Style
Other preferences

How quickly you can close
Do you rehab/rent/or both

I am not a realtor, and I am not trying to sell you a service or loan. I am a private individual who likes to help other people find what they are looking for. Thank you for your time, and I hope to hear from you soon.
Sincerely
Brandon Palmer
Phone
Email
Address

So what do you all think? Would it get you calling? Rip it to shreds please :smiley:

Thanks all

Brandon

I would also include an informative brochure or web address about your company to creat trust with the investor. (to let them know you are legit) Keep in mind that you are a dime a dozen in this profession so you must grab their attention somehow and show them how they would benefit from using you instead of the next Joe.

Just a thought… :biggrin

Try finding buyers at your local REI club: http://www.reiclub.com/real-estate-clubs.php

I am not a realtor, and I am not trying to sell you a service or loan.

I think you ARE trying to sell a service. Let’s call it what it is.

I’d leave that part out. Here’s the way I think it should be worded:

“I am not a realtor, I am a private individual who likes to help other people find what they are looking for. Thank you for your time, and I hope to hear from you soon.”

Just my $.02 worth, and I may have overcharged you. :smile