WHERE TO BUY FORECLOSURE?

I HAVE SEVERAL F/C LIST, BUT THERE ARE SO MANY IN EVERY COUNTY OF EVERY STATE…HOW DO I PIC WHICH ONE TO INQUIRE ABOUT?..DOES ANYONE HAVE A STATE OR COUNTY THEY LIKE MORE THAN OTHERS???
AS FAR AS INVESTING IN FORECLOSURES???

Hello,

How old is your list? In Indiana, good foreclosures last one day. They are sold the same day they’re listed. Many times with multiple offers. So, what’s on your list??? What’s the alternative you ask? In a perfect world I would become best friends with the listing agent of xyz bank. Most lenders have their favorite listing agent in a region or state. They are easy to spot… their sign is in the yard. Did you know most big banks put their REO’s on their free web sites? Why not just use a Realtor? It’s free!!! Where are you investing? Why not just concentrate in your state? Is it not good for foreclosure? Florida, Texas, Indiana, Ohio, Michigan are all good states with many foreclosures. Do you ever buy HUD’s?
-H

I live in Chattanooga, Tennessee. Anything in the way of lenders in the South? :slight_smile:

live in south eastern wi got anything for list

where do you get these pre-foreclosure listings?
I would like to know that. I am a novice here.

DO NOT USE RealtyTrac.com the lists are old and out dated i found a realitor you is familor with the whole buy low rehab and sell…his son does it and…this realitor is taking me in and going to help me BIG TIME…just find the right realitor and ur home free…
Rick

where do you get these pre-foreclosure listings? I would like to know that. I am a novice here.

Sorry, but I have to keep my sources confidential.

well thats pretty stupid. You are full of yourself arent you? No one is asking the persona name. It was a
generalized question deserving a generalized answer such as; “any title company” . Whom are you competing against, the world.
If you are gonna play games, why are you in the forum!

Housebroken,

You said that “Florida, Texas, Indiana, Ohio, Michigan are all good states with many foreclosures.”

Do you or anyone else in this forum know about North Carolina? Does it have many foreclosures? Thanks in advance.

Do all realitors do foreclosures? I am a newbie on the site, however my interest is more for a personal purchase within the year :-.

I am looking for a home in WA and would like to find a forclosure home w/land. I am not too particular where it is as long as it is on the west side of the state.

I have been purchasing foreclosure property for 3 years now and I have found a great resource that is “up to date” with recently filed foreclosures in the Chicago land counites.

http://www.public-record.com/?src=wiseman

If you subscribe, ask for a 5% discount using my name “Jason Wiseman”.

Not all realtors deal in foreclosures. Many perfer not deal with investors, especially new investors. But all of them like to deal with a person looking to buy for personal purchase. And its free to you!

Try asking family and friends who they have used and how thier experience was. Call a few agents and let them know your looking for a house below market value that may require rehabing.

Generally speaking the agents that do deal in REO have a list of investors they market too and will rarely foward that information beyond that list. These are people that have done a number of deals together already and are looking to build repeat business

My experience with realtytrac has been good. I got 4 foreclosures from that website in CAlifornia and it ain’t easy to get a foreclosure out here. My advice is to hook up with real estate or probate lawyers. Get in good with them and you’ll get deals before they go out to anyone else out there. Good luck.

how hard is it to do foreclosures in california?? I want to get into it but heard from some people that its risky and 9 out of 10 are usually busts.
-mike

Purchasing foreclosures are not any more risky then any other type of property you may invest in. As long as you perform your due dilligence and keep you emotions ouot of investing you can minimize your risk to an acceptable level.

I think (and I may be wrong is is usually the case) that your 9 out of 10 fail misserably statisic reflects upon the number of new investors who live beyond thier first deal. With the influx of motivational marketeers coupled with the complete lack of education, you have a stampede of ill-prepared investors commiting financial hari-kari. Couple that with Property Ladder’s theme of ‘even a moron can make money in the California Market’ and Cali may have a higher fatality rate then most.

Just my 2 pence worth :brow2:

Couple that with Property Ladder’s theme of ‘even a moron can make money in the California Market’ and Cali may have a higher fatality rate then most.

what do you mean by this

First of all the show focuses on the rehab only. Not on the marketing, buying, or selling which is where the money is generally made. Not a single person on the show has ever stayed with in budget or on schedule. Yet, miraculously enough, because of some favorable market surges they still are able to make a profit in most episodes.

It just doesn’t happen!

Here’s a good FREE website for foreclosure listings.

www.publicnoticeads.com

I have used it extensively in Utah and it appears that it has info in many states. Check it out. For NOD’s talk to your title company…mine subscribes to and then publishes info from a company that aggregates all the NOD’s. It’s free to me, costs them $100 per month.

The Default Doctor