Where in Baltimore is a good place to invest?

I am a newbie to real estate invest, I just graduated from college this last May and got a job in IT. I decided that I want to take control of my future by starting my investment career a lot earlier than most of my peers. I decided to invest in real estate because of its many benefits, support and numerous educational materials available.

I work currently in Germantown, MD and the real estate is rather expensive to get in, so I did my research and found out that Frederick, Hagerstown and Martinsburg WV are areas close by that one can find rather inexpensive deals. Then recently someone directed my attention to Baltimore

I am starting this forum to get a general idea and input from seasoned investors on this site to get your opinion on whether my decision to look for real estate investment in Baltimore is a smart idea.

I plan to start with single family homes and then move on to multiunit building. I am also interested in fix-ups and renting them out or fix-ups and rent to own.

I will really appreciate the inputs of investors that know about the Baltimore area and its rental income capacity, also please feel free to suggest other areas in MD and its surroundings that you think will work for me.

Hey,
Emailed you info on Baltimore’s east side around Johns Hopkins. Hope it helps.
Peace,
Richard

Thank you very much, did you go for the conference yourself and how did it help you?

Hey,
No, I did not go to that. I recieve rei info from around the US as well as out of the country so to stay informed and possibly find good deals to invest in. One must always be looking and one must always be an informed and knowledgeable investor. One must always be networking with others. You will never know where the next investment opportunity will appear or where the next mother lode will be.
Peace,
Richard