What's the difference between a realtor and a wholesaler in real estate ?

Hello everybody, can anyone in detail tell me whats the difference between a realtor and wholesaler in real estate ? thank you.

A Realtor will list your property on the MLS along with thousands of other properties and basically do nothing or very little. He will have a know it all attitude, promise you everything and deliver nothing. After 6 months your left feeling empty and used.

A Wholesaler will take your property, aggressively market it to his pool of cash buyers, and close quickly. In less than 30 days you will have your cash, your wholesaler has kept his word, was honest and left you with a good feeling of love and trust in your fellow man.

Those are generalizations and we all know they are not true.

Officially a Realtor is a licensed real estate agent who is a member of the National Association of Realtors. These individuals are bound by a strict set of ethics within this association.

Generally speaking, a realtor is a licensed real estate agent. They work to bring buyers and sellers together to complete a real estate transaction. They market the property as a representative of the seller. A real estate agent is usually paid a percentage of the sales price.

A wholesaler is rarely licensed. They act as a middleman. They do not represent the interest of the seller or the buyer. They place a property under a purchase contract and then sell the rights to that contract to an end buyer. They are not selling real estate (thus the reason they legally do not need a real estate license) but rather they are selling the right to the contract and thus the property. A wholesaler is paid the difference between the contract price and final sales price.

There is a fine but definite line between these two professions.

I was talking to an investor with way more experience than me, I told I hadn’t had any good experiences working with Realtors, he chuckled and replied, and you never will.
However I have found one I like and hes sending me fixers that first come on the market and also the expireds, so I’m thinking, hey, they cant be all bad.

Any person that act as an agent in selling and buying of any property or building is called the Realtor while whole selling in the real estate mean that put property under the contract for reselling purpose.

To be called a Realtor, one MUST belong to the National Association of Realtors, thus all Realtors are real estate agents, but not all real estate agents are Realtors. The term “Realtor” is a Registered Trademark.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Association_of_Realtors

Keith

Real estate agents are experts in sales, marketing, and the legal process of transferring property. They can work for buyers, finding the perfect listings and representing the buyer’s interest in the process of purchasing a home or commercial property.
A wholesaler is a person who finds discounted properties (foreclosures, distressed and undervalued properties), negotiates a contract with a seller, and then sells their contract terms to an investor for a fee.

A wholesaler looks for a property that is priced below the market value and the wholesaler is given the capacity by the seller to assign the contract to the final buyer. Wholesaling Benefits are ability to work with deal scouts or bird dogs, no membership fees, and access to Unlisted Properties.

Real estate agents are licensed professionals who have undergone pre-licensure education courses and who have met the mandatory requirements in their state. Real Estate Agent Benefits are access to MLS and direct access to listed properties.