What's best to read first?

Hi there, I joined at this site this week.

Sorry for asking, but I was wondering if anyone could point me to any particularly relevant posts that I should read first, so I can get up to speed here?

Thanks! Michael

What is your niche? What do you want to do? Buy, fix and sell? Buy fix and rent? Which area of real estate would you like to concentrate on? MOnthly rental income or flipping?

The book that comes right to mind is Rich Dad Poor Dad, I followed that by Rich Dad’s guide to investing. My niche will be landlord so I am currently reading Landlording: A Handy Manual for Scrupulous Landlords and Landladies Who Do It Themselves. I won Carlton Sheets yesterday on Ebay so that will be next and then it will be time to just do it. I learn best by getting my hands dirty.

Benjie

The thing about Rich Dad Poor Dad is that he keeps trying to suck you in to read another one of his books (great marketing) and before you know it you find that all you’re reading is Kiyosaki and not getting other poeple’s perspective on REI. I’m not bashing Kiyosaki because I think his books are good but stop after two or three!

mikegladsz i think many of the books on this site would be a good first step after you confirm what type of REI you wanna get in to. If flipping Steve Cooks books look good.

Read Gary Keller’s The Millionaire Real Estate Investor and then read it again, and then again. You won’t be disappointed. And once you’ve acquired a few properties, read it again, and again. Repeat.

I started reading that but stopped when I picked up Flip and started reading it. Flip is excellent by the way.

About halfway through Flip, and have found it to be excellent. Looking for my next book once I finish

Are you talking about this book?

BTW, Keller’s book is a must-have for anyone’s collection, be they newbie, intermediate, or seasoned RE investors. It lays the foundation for what’s to come.

Yes, Stephen.

“Think and Grow Rich”

By Napolean Hill

Simply one of the best…

Good luck,
Jeremy Blunt

The Pre-Foreclosure Property Investors kit, found this book to be a great base to start from, will teach you many thing about aquiring property, the down and dirty Do’s & Don’ts. Again read, read again, read again. Its a good start. :wink:

I agree. Im in the middle of reading it for the second time and once im done i’ll start again!

A book that changed my life was the Art of the Deal, by Trump. ;D

Also watch the movie The Secret. It really gets you thinking.

You can google it I think and find a link for it, they charge like $5 to get it but worth it.

Maybe someone knows a link to see it? ???

RIch Dad, Poor Dad, Think and grow rich are good (in the middle fo TAGR audio right now) The biggie for me so far was Secrets of the Millionaire Mind by T. Harv Eker. Going to start reading it again.

how bout that…that’s my current bedtime book right now…almost half way through

ryan