What software to use for management of property?

Hi, everyone
could you please advice me if there are any free or very cheap softwares for managing property?

Currently i have a very small building of 8 famalies. I been using pen and paper but getting little confusing due to most of my tenants are on public assistent progrem and they send checks every two weeks. Any help is appriciated :biggrin

What do you want the property management program to do? When I was a newbie, I used a property management software, then one day I realized that all I was doing was wasting my time putting info into the computer that I already had elsewhere. I no longer use property management software.

I don’t understand why tenants on public assistance would need to pay every two weeks. I have dozens of public assistance tenants and they all get their government (taxpayer) handout around the first. What kind of public assistance pays every two weeks? I would not let the tenants dictate when they will pay rent. The rent is due on the 1st, late after 5pm on the 4th, and I post the eviction notice on the morning of the 5th. Nothing confusing there.

Mike

Easiest is to use Access, it has a template database for rentals.
Or better still just use an excel spreadsheet and you can archive after every year.

I agree with Mike. I was using PropertyWare, but I found that excel works just as good without the monthly fees.

GooD LucK! :beer

[/quote]
Easiest is to use Access, it has a template database for rentals.
Or better still just use an excel spreadsheet and you can archive after every year.
[/quote]
Where did you find the Access template? I don’t see on the ms site.

Thanks,

Cake

I use peachtree but it may be a little expensive for some. For financial reporting and tax preparation there is nothing better