What if filed deed, but short-sale rejected

For future reference I was wondering. What happens if you are doing a short-sale, file the deed under your name or trust, and the short-sale is not approved or can’t close for some reason. How do you put the deed back to the homeowner’s?

do you mean record the deed??? If so, that means you just took ownership of the property subject to all existing liens. You would need to record a deed with the opposite grantee and grantors of the first one to reverse the trasnaction

I was told that you can write something like that deed was recorded in error or something of the sort to get it removed. Is that correct?