Websites that gives you leads?

Has anybody ever used one of these websites that sells you leads to deals on properties? I was wondering if anybody has had success by using one of these sites or is it a scam of some sort.

JCL

I haven’t used any personally but have researched lots of them. Like anything, do your research. Ask the company for a 2 or 3 names of people using it, talk to them and find out.

In my research, I’ve decide it’s valuable to have a branded image (one site) where all the leads come into rather than just have the website software with your unique name that you need to market and grow.

Also, I do believe more and more motivated sellers are tuning to the Internet to try and find someone to buy their home. So, if you don’t have any site at all to capture leads you should be thinking about it.

Ask yourself, would you rather receive an e-mail with all the details of a home that someone is trying to sell or spend 15-30 minutes on the phone with each seller taking down the details? Having leads come into your inbox is definitely a time saver.

it’s all about networking…

I would not pay for leads. Many entities try to sell leads to real estate brokers as well. It’s lucrative for the person selling the leads, but is often a lot of effort and money spent for the end-user.

Networking, bandit signs, postcards, etc. is the way to go.

what about a personable service, one that caters specifically to its users, rather than a HUGE database?

It really depends on where you want to spend your time and the quality of the leads you get. I don’t think they’re a scam, but like everything, some will be better than others. Try to find out how they generate their leads and talk to some of their customers (preferably local).

If I could pay a certain amount every month, in lieu of my regular marketing budget, and get the same number and quality of leads or better, I would LOVE to spend less time on marketing!

Not everyone has the time or expertise to design and implement a marketing plan, online or otherwise, and buying leads from a company that does can be an attractive option.