Voicemail

If you say your company name in your voicemail does this turn people off because they see you as someone trying to take advantage of them?

There’s been a lot of debate about this. Should you present yourself as an individual or as a large business?

I think you’re going to turn some people off either way. Some people would prefer the comfort of a one-man/woman show so to speak. Others prefer to rely on the solid backing of a corporation.

So it’s really up to you and what you feel most comfortable with yourself, because if you use the approach that’s NOT comfortable for YOU, then even more people will be turned off because they think you’re lying.

I think this is a rare day, because I am fully agreeing with Doug on this one. Just kidding Doug.

Seriously, do what you feel is right. In the end, you have to be comfortable with what you are doing, in order to make the sellers feel comfortable.

I’m with the consensus too—you can’t win them all…

Pass yourself off as a business and some will view you with heightened credibility, while others will hold you in disdain (the corporate profit machine).

Pass yourself off as a individual and some will appreciate the personalization and one to one service you can offer while others will think you can’t be legit because you can’t afford to get a decent voice mail message…

Your damn if you do and your damn if you don’t (sort of like your relationship with your wife)…

Do what you like and do it good, right and often…

Regards,

Scott Miller

Thanks guys.