Virtual Assistants Vs. Interns. Wait...I Can Hire Interns For My Business??

Instead of hiring Virtual Assistants for your business, you should seriously consider hiring interns. Instead of paying them an hourly wage, I just pay them on a commission base (20-50% of the profits of the deals that come through them). I work with several interns across the country. Now, I’m really starting to see the value of interns and how building a team of them can really take your business to a whole new level.

VAs (or employees) can be a big waste of time and money. The great thing about interns is, the worst that could happen is that you get a bad intern (I’ve had quite a few.) But in that case, just hire another one (or a couple more.) There’s no limit to how many you can work with and you don’t need to pay them unless they make money (in which case you both make money.)

Hiring interns is a great way to really leverage your wholesaling business (or any business for that matter) and I’ve learned this through the process. I’m currently managing 20-25 interns so I’m more than willing to answer any questions about this topic that you may have.

How I went about the hiring process was first to email the internship coordinators at different colleges. I emailed the coordinators for relevant majors (marketing, sales, advertising, economics, communications, real estate, etc.) I also sent them the job descriptions that I was looking for and asked them to send it out to their students.

Most of the colleges that I work with have a job posting site (at experience.com) where employers can post their internships to for free. This is usually the primary site that their students go to when looking for an internship. You can make an account with different colleges that are on experience.com and post your internships to them (everyone is welcome to copy my internship descriptions, just send me an email and I’ll send you a copy of mine.)

In addition to that, I have recently been posting those job descriptions on different internship sites (Internships.com seems to be the best free site.) This is an easy and quick way to post your internship to the public. However, if you go through the universities, you can get much better quality interns and you can build long lasting relationships with the colleges.