VERY NEW AT THIS AND NEED HELP TO GET START

OK IM VERY NEW AT THIS , I ALWAYS WANTED TO GET INTO REAL ESTATE…JUST NEED A LIL HELP TO GET STARTED …
LIKE WHATS MY FIRST STEP
REPLY PLEASE

Start reading these forums, and every other legitimate piece of information on real estate that you can get your hands on. Study, study, study, and by the way I’d recommend joining your local REI club.

Do just like Jake said but take it a little farther. Read all the free Real Estate articles here and some of the free stuff in Free books,audios. By doing this you should get a pretty good idea of what you want to pursue. Herbster

Second what both Jake and Herbster said. Also if you haven’t already done so, make sure your credit is excellent, or have a load of cash :slight_smile:

In the current economy you will need at least 680 fico score to get decent financing… the higher the better, but prepared to put down some of your own money, even with Hard Money Loans…

It is really hard (Not impossible) to get a no money down deal…

Tex

As a newbie myself I know its probably not what you want to hear but you should read and educate yourself and that is the best place to start with - education.
You can try purchasing a course like Eric Medemars who teaches about wholesaling (i dont use him but lots of members here say he is good …he is a member here)

REI is not something you want to jump blindly without knowing the ins & outs.

Some other great ways to learn and also to get to know investors is to follow blogs. TampaSteph has a great one and there are a few others.

http://flipthiswholesaler.blogspot.com

The first things you have to understand are: yourself (resources and abilities) and your objectives.

What are you good at? What assets do you have access to? What do you want to accomplish? What are you willing to give up in order to grow?

You say “New at This?” what is “This”? What do you want to invest in? Why?

There are properties, there are resources, there are riches and there are headaches. You have to understand you and what you want first.

Growth in Real Estate takes time. You must get a value buy, be honest with yourself about the figures, keep the cash flowing and have the resources to sustain surprises (what are they? read the forums, you’ll learn a lot!). The resources don’t have to be your own but what are you willing to trade to get what you need? Time? Work? Wealth? Wisdom?

If your objectives are to retire, send kids to college, pay your bills off, buy a dream something… whatever it is, you must have a plan. The less you personally bring to the table, the longer you wait for rewards or the greater the risk you take on.

Give us your objectives, we’ll help you find your way.