Vacant owner cold calling

Does anyone have a script they use when calling vacant owners? I have done a few and find myself mumbling a little too much or not getting right to the point as quick as I would like.

Cold calling is illegal if the owner is on the Do Not Call List! You could face big fines from your favorite uncle.

Just say no!

Mike

It would be a niche because everyone is afraid of telemarketing now. Just follow the DNC rules and check the database before you dial.

I don’t think your cold calling property owners would fall under the restrictions of the Telephone Consumers Protection Act (TCPA). It is geared toward high-volume telemarketers using automated dialing equipment and the like. The first call to anyone on the do not call registry is a freebie, if they ask you not to call them again then don’t.

As for scripts, people will recognize you reading from a script. Learn your subject matter well, the house, the neighborhood, what you can offer the vacant owner and why they should stay on the phone and talk to you. Put yourself in their position; what do you want, why should they listen to you, what can you do for them? As you mentioned in your original post, get to the point quickly.

This is for the Federal Do Not Call regulations, not the act you’re mentioning. https://www.donotcall.gov/FAQ/FAQDefault.aspx

From their site:

[i]The National Do Not Call Registry applies to any plan, program, or campaign to sell goods or services through interstate phone calls. This includes telemarketers who solicit consumers, often on behalf of third party sellers. It also includes sellers who provide, offer to provide, or arrange to provide goods or services to consumers in exchange for payment.

The National Do Not Call Registry does not limit calls by political organizations, charities, or telephone surveyors. [/i]

So unless you want to start a charity or do a phone “survey”, you need to follow the guidelines.

I just love how the politicians exempted themselves. Must be nice to write your own separate rules.

And vote for your own pay raise…

yes that is all good detail, particularly the self exemption of politicians. note that the details revolve around the term “sellers”. if you are cold calling as a potential buyer of a vacant property then I think you are clear of any potential violations. again, be polite and if they ask you not to call back then don’t.

Even after a decade, I do alot of cold calling.

There is something about the clients most of us seek being desperate that makes the job a bit easier.

An earlier poster stated they felt they “stumbled and mumbled” a bit.

Get to the point.

I want to buy your house, do you want to sell it?

Seriously, just say your name, and that. If they dont want to talk to you dial the phone and call the next person on the list.