Traditional Mortgage Loans for Investors...

New to this and need some direction.

I’m looking at a couple of imvestments. One in my neighborhood and one that is student housing. I’m looking to put as little down as possible (stop smiling…I know), basically 5-10% and possibly a 30 year interest only loan to keep the payments down.

I’ve been doing some research on the Internet and have had a hard time finding many traditional mortgage loans for investments in order to do a comparison. I came across Quicken Loans with a 10% down, 30yr IO, 6.25% with .625pts but have unable to find others that easily.

Any information you can provide, whether how to search or sites to check out would be appreciated. Thanks…

Run from Quicken, that’s for sure. Take 3 minutes and check their BBB report on them; last time I saw, it had 300 some complaints.

that is actually a pretty good rate for an IO loan.

Yeah I would personally run from Quicken LOL, did they bring up there up front app fee yet?

No they didn’t. They provided an estimate for total closing costs of $4k for a $200k loan. I used their web chat to get this information. I first called them but the rep I got wanted my SS# and said he couldn’t provide me with a rate without it. I said thanks and hung up.

Where are the other options? As I mentioned, I can’t easily find them. Thanks…

Where are the other options? As I mentioned, I can't easily find them. Thanks...

You need to go to your local bank and/or find yourself a broker. They will be able to take your information, review it and tell what you really qualify for. Automated quoting sytems are rarely able to provide you with a qualified quote.

Anything short of a qualified review is a waste of time.