The Montelongos from "Flip This House" join the list of gurus...

The Montelongos from “Flip This House” have joined the list of many wannabe [and a few real] real estate gurus…like 'em or not…I’m not suprised they finally decided to write some books, give some seminars, etc and make a few bucks off their famous/infamous popularity.

Armando soon will be offering a $99 e-book, or a collection of CDs for $1 grand [cough,cough!]…
See - http://www.armandomontelongo.com/

David is already offering seminars that are only $750 per seat [cough]…
See - http://www.tribeworkshop.com/

Personally - I think all their @$##@$#@$ is overpriced and not worth buying. LOL

WHERE DO I SEND MY CREDIT CARD NUMBER?!?!?!?

Yeah right. :bs :flush

they can’t even keep their wives from meddling in their projects! I’ve seen them a couple of times, and they seem like novices to me, IMO. They didn’t look like what they did was much different than what I did last year on my first flip.

Their main strategy is to buy, rehab, sell on wrap, and in 3 months flip the note to a note buyer at 92% of face value. There, saved you $999 :slight_smile:

Actually, they do lots of business in San Antonio (according to them). They claim to be doing 24 houses a month. Met them at our local REIA group.

WHAT A TOTAL CROCK OF SH** …real estate sure has some crooks in it. Makes me sick. This is the reason I hesitate sometimes when people ask me what I do, I do not want to be associated with crooks like this.

Did you catch the episode, “The Roach House?” It was disgusting. They painted roach-invested cabinets rather than replace them.

That’s one thing I noticed about their episodes - do it as cheap as possible, and skimp where you can.

I honestly think their wives keep them a little more honest than they would otherwise be.

They are ‘users’ and ‘abusers’…they treat their subs and their wives like crap…they’re both a couple of sleazebags…they do substandard “lipstick on a pig” work…I feel like I ought to wash my hands after watching one of their episodes.

But that might just be their TV personna…

Keith

Their wives are part of the business. How is that meddling? Or is it just a sexist comment?

They are 'users' and 'abusers'...they treat their subs and their wives like crap...they're both a couple of sleazebags...they do substandard "lipstick on a pig" work...I feel like I ought to wash my hands after watching one of their episodes.

I agree. I find them unethical.

If they are flipping 24 houses a month, that is impressive. I’ll skip the CD’s as well.

Their wives are part of the business. How is that meddling? Or is it just a sexist comment?
Nothing sexist whatsoever. They are supposed to be the managing partners...yet let their wives wine until they get their way and usurp their authority (not as men, but as company heads) by upgrading when told not to, buying without their approval, etc.

The worst was when they had that house with the big hole in the backyard. They had their “intern” fill it with sticks and leaves, and they sprinkle some dirt on top of it!! I lost a lot of respect for them on that one.

I hope whom ever bought that one doesn’t decide to put a pool in their backyard.

ugh…gimme a break…they are the worst. If that was the best I could do I wouldn’t do it at all.

Check this out! Add them to the crooks in Atlanta. What in the world is A&E doing?!?

:shocked

http://www.flipthislawsuit.com/2007/04/16/anyone-purchased-armando-montelongos-real-estate-package/#comments