Texan has a note in Colorado - what is a public trustee?

The owner is selling a portion of the property and I’m giving her a partial release. Even though the release is only partial, the title company is telling me that I have to send the original Note and Deed of Trust so that the Public Trustee will record the release.

Does anyone have experience with this?

I’m guessing the recording office will only allow original documents with original signatures and seals to be recorded.

My docs have already been recorded.

This deal has closed. In Colorado you need to name the public trustee as the trustee on the deed of trust. I’ve gotten my check but not my original docs back. I’ll give an update when I get them back.