Tenant moved to different state. Where do I sue?

My doublewide tenant was behind 3 mths rent and trashed the place. He moved from Stevens County, Washington to Idaho. Can I sue him in Stevens county because that’s where he was at the time of the damages, or must I go to Idaho to sue him?

I am 90% certain you would sue him in the county where you have your mobile home … and where he lived on a prior basis. However consult with a lawyer in your county/state to be 100% certain.

I am not a lawyer either but you file suit in the jurisdiction that the tort occurred. You don’t travel to go to court he travels to go to court. You serve him in the last know address (which is probably your trailer) and once you win the suit (because he won’t show up), you collect where he lives.

What he said… :beer

How did this turn out?