Talking to..

Hi guys.
I am a new to REI and i’m excited to get out there and get involved in the game of deals. I know that I should be going out and talking to RE agents, mortgage brokers, lawyers etc but am not quite sure what questions to ask or how to approach them without sounding like a fool . Any suggestions?

:anon

What is it that you want to do?

Why not check with your local evening school/community college and see if they have a basic real estate class. That was what I did. So I learned about real property vs. personal property, appraisals, tax assessments and all the stuff I needed to know. I knew less than nothing in the beginning.

Good luck and let us know how it goes with your education–YOU are in charge.

Furnishedowner

Furnishedowner’s suggestion is a good start. As first time investor, you should understand all the risks involved as well as how this real estate market is turning.

The best question to ask anyone in the real estate market is ‘what trends they are currently seeing in their business?’ This will give you a good idea of how the local market is moving but it will also get others talking about their business. From that point continue the conversation by letting them know about you and asking how their services could assist you throughout the real estate process. The initial conversation doesn’t have to be extensive but you do want to leave the door open for further conversation at a later time. The best advice is to get out there and get to know the players in your local market.