sub2 contracts

If I have a seller that is willing to do a sub2 deal. Do I need an installment note and a mortgage to record or can I just record the purchase contract? Thanks.

You need to do a title search first and make sure the title is clear. Then you need the seller(s) to deed you the property. Title Company should have forms available. Record the Deed by having all parties on title sign the deed over to you in front of a Notary and Record. (Simplified Version)