sub 2 in Ohio

Hi all;
I am here in central Ohio and have been doing CA’s and LO’s. Interested in doing some sub-2’s as well. Does anyone have experience dealing with this in my state? Are they legal here? If so, what is the best way to structure, with or without a trust? I have read mixed things about using land trusts for sub 2’s. Any general advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

Eric

Eric,
Nice to meet you.
Yes, Subject to deals are legal in your state.
As far as the ‘best way’ to structure subject to deals, use a trust or not, it’s really personal preference and how you want to structure your personal portfolio, etc.
There are advantages and disadvantages to both methods, but, as long as you make a deal, a real deal, with equity and cashflow, then the method for holding title really makes no difference.

While you are here, read some of the articles about subject to investing, John Locke has some good nuggets, and then goto the catalog and buy Johns Book/course on the topic.
He teaches it well, and if you follow him, you will be successful.

you may even convert some of your lease options to subject to deals, as practice in getting your subject to system in place and running smooth.

Good luck, and happy investing,
Jim FL

P.S. YES, I have done deals in Ohio before.

What is sub2 sub 2?

What is sub2 sub 2?

Subject To is when a buyer takes title to a mortgaged property but is not personally liable for the payment of the amount due, the buyer must make payments in order to keep the property.

JimFL,

Thank you for the kind words, by the way you are no slouch when it comes to teaching and/or doing Sub 2 investing.

It has been a few years since we sat down and talked, so when I am headed your way I will warn you I am coming. :rolleyes :rolleyes

Talk soon,

John $Cash$ Locke

Jim;
Thank you so much for the comments and suggestions! See ya on the posts.

Eric

Jim FL;
Thanks again for the comments. Would you be willing to share your sub 2 forms with me and/or partner with me for a sub 2 deal? I have not done one but am familiar with them. I have been doing mainly LO deals here in C-bus. Thanks!

Eric