Statistics on the Efficacy of Real Estate Investment Programs?

Hello everyone,

I’m new to real estate investing and was wondering if there was a unbiased website or some other repositiory of information that tracked statistics of the real estate investment programs out there?

What I would like to know is what is the success rate for programs like Carlton Sheets, Kyosaki, Allen, etc…

I did read John T Reed’s website where he reviews each of these programs and it is very discouraging. I’m not sure if John just has a chip on his shoulder or if he is telling it like it is.

It would be nice to see some cold hard facts rather than anecdotal evidence or fake testimonials.

Thanks,
Nick

<<I did read John T Reed’s website where he reviews each of these programs and it is very discouraging. I’m not sure if John just has a chip on his shoulder or if he is telling it like it is.>>

Yes and yes. John is pretty ascerbic but at least he calls them as he sees them. Remember, John is one of them, not one of us!

<<I’m new to real estate investing and was wondering if there was a unbiased website or some other repositiory of information that tracked statistics of the real estate investment programs out there?>>

Unbiased? No…I think this site does better than most of giving it to you straight and I think we do a preetty good job of rooting out the spammers and the gurus…

Seriously, Deeze, you can learn everything you need to know about real estate investing by hanging out on a couple of real estate forums. The one you are on right here is the best one.

You get your advice for free from people who are actually doing it and actually making money at it.

You will see some recomendations for books. $30 for a good book is a lot cheaper than $3,000 for a boot camp.

Are the guru programs any good? I don’t know. You don’t get rich by spending your money, and I don’t like to pay for information I can get for free.

To paraphrase what Tip O’Neil said “All real estate is local”. All techniques in real estate don’t work every where. But you only want the ways that work where you are. If you take the John Allan Robert Allenby, Tommy Vo, Dave Del Dado, Carlton Sheets etc courses they will tell you every way to make money in real estate. I agree with what tatertot said. But even better than that is you go to your local real estate investor’s club and find someone there that has what you want. They have the time with their family you want, they have the toys and lifestyle you want and do what they are doing.

Hi Deeze,
From what I’ve seen on John T Reed’s site is that he has a negative point of view on everything but his own products. He may or may not be right in his criticisms. But it’s hard to be objective when your talking about you direct competition. You’ll get a lot of insight on these forums. I’ve read a lot of REI books. The two I recommend are “The Millionare Real Estate Investor” by Gary Keller ($25) and " The ABC’s of Real Estate Investing" by Ken McKelroy ($20). They are very easy to read, cheap and they provide the information you need to get started and be successful. Good luck. :beer

Thanks all. I do find John Reed’s logic a little fuzzy. In many of his reviews he tends to give a bad review to a product just because the author is friends with someone whom he dislikes?!?

I’ll keep digging through these forums…seems like good stuff.