Sometimes discipline is hard to deal with

I have a stock that I know was bargain priced when I bought it and I know it will go up over time. Bought it at $39.90 11 days ago. High over the past 11 days was $47.41 so it was up quite a bit but I still think it has a ways to go. When you see yourself up almost 20% in a few days it is damn hard to not just cash out right then and take the profits. Likewise now that it has been getting beat up most of the days recently and it is down to $41.90 it is hard to not just dump it before I dip into the negative numbers. I’m still up $2/share but it makes me nervous watching it drop like this. The company by the way is Federal Realty Investment Trust (FRT) and it definitely seems from what I read that all REITs are getting beat up badly, more so than they really deserve as the underlying assets are still well above what the stock is selling for. Also, I keep seeing that of the group FRT has the strongest balance sheet so I know they will come out on top. It is just hard watching it go up and down to not either sell when it gets high or sell before it gets too low.

Ps- A couple days ago the statement date for the dividend just went by so I should be getting $0.65/share in my account soon which isn’t huge but it is something extra to factor in.

A few lines I live by when it comes to the market…

Sell when you can not when you have to…

Every time I feel smart because of my trades I SELL IT ALL…

Pigs get slaughtered…

I havent been posting much over the last few weeks because of market action has been incredible…Hopefully everyone here has been making size money…Everything has gone up,it’ll be hard to have not made size…

Sell when you can not when you have to...

I like that!

It’s either that…or get trampled at the exits.

Haven’t made a cent lately…
But the axe is getting nice and sharp… :dance2

-Mike