Short sale ebook reviews?

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone had any reviews of Fowler’s short sale ebook that is advertised on this site? I’ve haven’t seen any books dedicated strictly to short sales and wanted to get input on Fowler’s.

http://www.reiclub.com/products/438

Have a great day
AA

anyone? I plan on being here for a while and will be glad to contribute once I get the knowledge to assist everyone else. I have’t read up on short sales simply because they are so new.

thanks,
AA

The more I learn about this business (all of real-estate including short-sales), it seems that you really don’t need to pay for any of the education and/or learning that is being sold. In the end, this stuff really isn’t rocket science of brain surgey. It is very detail oriented and tedious. Especially the short-sales and other out-of-the-box real-estate. If you are worried about getting something legally wrong, don’t waste your money on buying someone’s “secrets”. Take that money and hire a competant attorney. All the How-To’s of short-sales, and any aspect of real-estate, can be learned and/or asked for free. Many times, there are people that will partner with and walk you thru stuff if you give them a cut of the deal. The only reason to pay for any of it is if you’re lazy and don’t want to put forth the effort to go out and find it. As a side note, yes, I paid for lots of it. I acknowledge that I’m lazy and my laziness cost me. That’s what worked for me, even though it was expensive.

In the end, though, all the reading and studying in the world will only get you so far. The first time you knock on someone’s door about their house being in foreclosure, if you can remember all that stuff you read previous, it goes all flying out the door. Unless you’re comfortable with cold-call, face-to-face contacting and marketing, you’ll feel like a dork on those first several or dozen people you try to market your real-estate investing services to. Keep doing it enough times, though, and you get over it and comfortable with it. Eventually someone will say, Sure, what do you want me to do. And there ya go.

Dean

Thanks for the long response. Do answer your question, I do have a real estate mentor that will be helping me. But I would like to know as much as I can about it beforehand as well. If anyone thinks this book would be a good investment and if any of you have experience with it, or any other book, please let me know.

thanks,
AA

I agree with Dean (accept for his comment about attorneys - many are just as uninformed as anyone else) . . . there’s a lot to know and with time and a great deal of trial and error you should be able to figure it out. Unfortunately, there’s also much misinformation and the quality of materials available is suspect . . . For example, the majority teach the land trust and that it’s okay to fund the first transaction of a “simultaneous closing” (a misnomer) with the funds from the second transaction.

Check out information on using option contracts to quick-turn back-to-back short sale transactions.