sending email to friends???

I heard somewhere that I should send an email to all my friends telling them that I am starting a real estate wholesaling business. Has anyone did this and what should I say?

I would address it personally with their name if you don’t have that many friends to send to, ignoring his/her name make it spammier.

[i]Hey Frank! Haven’t talked to you in a while so I thought I’d fill you in on what I’ve been up to. I am currently buying and selling real estate in the (your town) area, mostly houses that are (your general criteria- need rehab, pre-for, etc). If you’re looking to buy or sell a house or know someone that is keep me in mind.

Talk to you later,
Helixpoint[/i]

Short to the point and friendly, not a spam type message.

Absolutely, and this is the same strategy that someone starting any business should consider.

Don’t just let your immediate sphere of influence know what you are doing (and you will need to remind them on an ongoing basis), but let EVERYONE you come into contact with know.

Having your friends and family act as your referral partners is one of the quickiest ways (and cheapest) of getting on the “map”.

Regards,

Scott Miller