Seminars?

Hi everyone,
I was wondering if anyone has ever been to a Russ Whitney Convention? He is coming to my town ( Twin Cities) soon, And I made reservations. I am willing to do antything to get the most info I can. I am new to this game, but I have been studying it for a while. I figure anything will help me achieve my goals. Can anyone give some insght? Well appreciated.

Are you talking the free intor Seminar?

Is that what it is? Just an intro seminar? Anything more wil cost me? Thats cool. I think I ll just go and check it out. Maybe meet some helpful people.

Now when you go make sure you come back to the 2nd part and sit in the front row. One of the speakers will be talking about how bad do you want Rei and on and on. He will have a book in his hand so you want to jump up and grab the book and it’s yours for free and than he will use you as an example of how one goes after it.

HINT - HINT

I JUST RECENTLY FINISHED THE RUSS WHITNEY TRAINING ITS A LITTLE CRAZY THOUGH BECAUSE AFTER THE COURSE THEY TELL YOU TO BUY AN ADDITIONAL CLASS ACTUALLY A $51,000 CLASS YES I KNOW ITS CRAZY BUT WHEN YOU GO YOU’LL SEE WHAT IM SAYING. YOUR BETTER OFF JUST GETTING YOUR MONEY BACK

Hi,

In my Search for what finally made me a success as a Full Time Real Esate Investor I went to Russ Whitneys Seminar.

It was at the Valley Forge Sheraton in PA a while back.

It was 2 hours and “Free” and they showed you a few fix an flip techniques and said you need to come to a 3 day class to get all the details to make you rich.

The price started out really high like $5K or something, and they kept slashing it to $995 for a few books and CD’s.

I got the $995 package and signed up for the 3 days to learn more.

Well the CD package had very little usefull info, mostly general stuff I had read in several other books, but I paid $995 for the class so I was excited about going.

Well the first day was hype, and they would not let you write down ANY names or numbers of any other students and if you were caught they would throw you out they said. I guess they did not want you to see how the others were doing later I guess.

Anyway on Day 2 they helped us increase our credit lines on our homes and Credit cards to find money we needed to get started on our RE investing Career.

On the 3rd and last day they told us we needed to go to the next level and go to their school and the classes ranged from $10,000 for one Day to as much as $60,000.00 for the whole education course.

I was not impressed with the first 3 days so I did not go to the other courses. A few did, but I was not allowed to get their number to call them after to see what they thought about the education.

The high dollar classes are still about 1/2 what college cost and all that teaches you is how to get a JOB, not how to make money.

I later got involved with another Education and Support company and got the home study course, software, and 8 Full Days of Real Education, and access to a property network with great deal all accross the USA for less than $16K total.

I have bought 6 properties to date, and have a positive equity of several hunderd thousand dollars.

Education is Great, ONLY if you are going to use it.

Remember Ignorance on FIRE is much better than Knowledge on ICE.

I wish you success in your endevours,

Thank you for all of your input. ( this website is a blessing !) Well I went to the seminar, it started out great, it wasnt actually Russ Whitney, it was his legal advisor. First half was informative, after about 30min the sales pitch kicked in. His whole attitude changed, I felt like I could not trust this person. ( Real reconizes Real, and he was not looking familar.) It was not a waste of time though. Even if I only learned one thing, it’s still better than nothing. I am in MN,WI border if anyone knows of any other seminars going on. Thanks again.

I’m not a big fan of seminars, because they are teasers for the big fish. They’re motivational speakers, who are the best at what they do.

The books contain the same information, and they’re free at the library.

Yes, I’ve bought several investment books, both financial and real estate investing, and I’ve learned more from any of those, than you can learn from a seminar.

Because when the seminar is over, what are you going to do?

You’ll be motivated for the next few days, but what’s reinforcing you to do something except for motivation?

By reading several books, by many authors, you get different perspectives, on the same topics, how they approached it. If the books are written well, they are also motivational.

There’s three ways to learn something, the more ways one uses to learn, the more it’s retained, and maintained.

1. Audio (Listening)
  2. Visual (Watching, seeing it done)
  3. Doing (Actually doing it!)

If you do all three together, you’ll learn the do’s and don’ts the best! If only listening to tapes, you’re leaving out the other two methods of learning.

Good Luck!