See you in '06

Well Folks…

I’ll be dropping off the “online” radar screen for a little while.

Heading out again Monday, on one of these:

http://www.boatnerd.com/news/newpictures03/Middleton-6-03.jpg

Last time I was out…I read the book, Real Estate Riches by Dolf de Roos. That was a real eye opener.

This time, (after hanging out at this site for the last 2 months), I’ve got about 30 lbs. of REI reading materials.

My immediate goal is to acquire my first investment property within 30 days of getting off the ship.

Just wanted to say thanks for all the input with the different postings recently.

Best of luck in your near term endeavors.

-Mike

Fair winds and following seas, my friend…see you here when you return!

Keith

Mike,

Have a great trip! I’m a little jealous, I’ve always been facinated by big ships and think that working on one would be a blast!

Look forward to hearing from you when you get back!

Mike

Keith…

Thanks for the fair winds gesture…(definately hoping for that).

Mike…

I’ve enjoyed the work so far…it’s been a great stepping stone since leaving the typical 9 to 5 rut. You can bet I’ll be doing some intense reading while I’m out there.

Sure is nice to now have a working plan…

Take care,
-Mike

bon voyage and don’t forget to read up on the tax stuff!

Hi Nirav,

Yes…thanks for those recommendations on tax titles. One of them is already packed and the other, (well, like I told you…I got thru Ebay and am not sure if it’ll get here before I leave).

Reading for the first time about the tax incentives of REI was a hugh motivator for me. It’s such an important part of the equation. I’m not one to just aimlessly rely on an accountant. I, at least, need to have a working framework of the process…before I let someone “run” with it.

Hope things move along well for you in SL.

-Mike

so far everything’s going well.
and things just got a little better in the past few days.

http://moneyshaker.blogspot.com/2005/10/how-i-got-4000-return-or-how-leverage.html

Nirav,

If you keep achieving those types of returns…you’re going to turn Ben Franklin over in his grave. Is that him that I see as the avatar over at your blog?

Have you read his autobiography? It takes a little getting used to reading in the dialect of his time…but quite a fascinating individual.

-Mike