Section 8 Purchase - Tenant Mid Lease

I am purchasing a property that is currently leased to a Section 8 tenant and the tenant is in the middle of their lease. I plan to keep the tenants in place for as long as they wish. The property is located in North Carolina. Are the any considerations or registrations I need to make with the government when doing this?

Thanks -


Herman A. Brunson, Jr.
HBInvestCo, Inc.

Contact the local Section 8 office servicing the account. You will have to send them proof of ownership, a W-9 form (request for Taxpayer Identification and Certification), and any other information they may request. Our Sect. 8 office only deals w/ direct deposit so we had to fill out a form for that too.