Sales Letter to Vacant

Just wanted to get your opinions about my first draft Sales Letter that I"m going to be sending to Vacant houses.

Hi

I’m sorry to contact you like this, but I wasn’t sure how else to reach you. This letter is in regards to the house you may own at 123 Main PLl, in Whippany. It looks to be vacant and if so I can only imagin it being a drain on your family’s finances.

I am looking to purchase a house in the area with in the next two months and would love to be able to take the burden of a vacant home from you and ease your minds as you are probably wondering how you will sell in such a down market.

I can purchase your house in as is condition and relieve you of your stress in a matter of weeks.

When a house is vacant, it is very susceptible to looters who can steal the copper wires as well as the furniture and appliances. Worse yet is that the pipes could freeze over the winter and cause thousands of dollars of damage and make the house harder to sell, losing you money. A little know fact is that homeowners’ insurance policies typically require that the owner live in the house.

Please contact me immediately in order to sell your property at 120 Wilson Pl before the winter months come.

Once I find a house to buy this opportunity to rid yourself of this financial burden will be gone. Call now.

Typos withstanding, how’d I do?

you need a website and a 24 hour info line for them to call for more info.

that last line is kinda odd, you might want to revise it

i’m not sure a web site is necessary. a “24 hour phone number” can be your home phone, it doesn’t have to be an 800 (if that’s what was implied).

i personally would change the tone of the letter. i’m providing them a way to get rid of their vacant home, why should i be sorry about that?

ryan

"A little know fact is that homeowners’ insurance policies typically require that the owner live in the house. "

Get rid of that without a doubt, kinda sounds like a threat and you will ratt them out because the house is empty! Also, your assuming in the letter that just because the house is empty, it’s costing them big $$$$$, some may get offended by that as well, they may be in between tenants. Just send them a friendly letter and give them at least 3-4 friendly reasons they can call you if they want to sell. There’s way too much unnessessary info. in that letter. Also, leave out the “Once I find a house to buy this opportunity to rid yourself of this financial burden will be gone”, becauce once again your insulting the property/owner, just because it may be vacant doesn’t mean it’s a financial burden, also, you need to send the same card every 8 weeks and they may not need to sell now, but 6 months from now they may be motivated. Not trying to be nasty, just giving my opinion. The original letter would offend me because it could be my mom/dad’s house that I took over, how dare you call my parents house a financial burden. You may recieve that kinda phone call.

I’d revise this and put it in postcard format send that way. Most letters never get opened but everyone turns a postcard. Also change the feel of the words its a little gloomy. What would make you get rid of a vacant house??? Market to your client not at them