REO Property

How can i find out which bank owns a vacant possible foreclosed home??

Hi ,
Try the county property appraiser where the property is located most are online now so you can use the address and from there see who owns the property ! Then if you want to look Into it more go to the county clerk of the courts where the property is located and do a search there for the documents related to the property. Good Luck ,
Mrs Doyle

The goal of combing through foreclosure listings is not to find a house; it’s to find an agent. Banks usually hire one or a few real estate brokers to handle their REO properties in a market.

I would start by asking WHY you want to know. Banks usually don’t sell directly to consumers. They go to asset managers who they can either sell one property here or there, or are instructed to sell them as a portfolio.

However, if you really want to know, the Recorder of Deeds website for the county is the place to go. You can see who recorded the property. Sometimes the Recorder of Deeds isn’t online, so you may have to get the PIN for the property and go to the office itself to search.

This can also show you all liens against the property not just the bank loan.

Here in Baltimore, Maryland you can view land records online. Check the state comptrollers website or your department of assessment & taxation website. You should be able to find what you’re looking for there. If I knew where you lived, I might be able to find the link for you.