Regulation D

Has anyone here used Regulation D financing? How was the process, and would you recommend it?

Anyone know about this company? http://www.regdresources.com/

Are you really going after the kind of capital that makes all of this effort with the SEC necessary?

For what it’s worth, Reg. D is not a magic bullet when it comes to raising money. Don’t pay some company $10K-25K to put together a package for you and then expect the money to flow in. You still have to pitch and market the deal, and you still need to know the investors.

I’m guessing that fewer than 0.1% of the people who have made money on this forum have ever used Reg. D. The more common approach is to match-fund each deal with a specific investor who is content to earn points and coupon.

Are you really going after the kind of capital that makes all of this effort with the SEC necessary?
Yes. 500k - 1million for an ALF that has a 6 year ROI of 481% per million invested.
For what it's worth, Reg. D is not a magic bullet when it comes to raising money.
What is it for?
Don't pay some company $10K-25K to put together a package for you and then expect the money to flow in. You still have to pitch and market the deal, and you still need to know the investors.
The site I have linked charges 1750. I was under the impression from reading "services" on their site that they walk you through every step.

What is an “ALF”? I’ve been in finance for a long time, and this term is new to me.

Either way, $500K to $1MM is not really the kind of money that merits a Reg. D offering. It’s good that you’re trying to go legit, though.

Still, a Reg. D offering still means you have to make a private offering, which means you need to know the people you’re going to approach. You still can’t advertise it. And as I said, I would not rely on the company that prepares the paperwork to get you the investors. That’s not what they do.

ALF is an Assisted Living Facility.

I thought the 504 offering was for funding up to 1million, with the 505 over 1million?

I guess I’m still not clear on the process…