Realtors

Any advice on how u can tell if your broker is good or not?
thx

referrals, referrals, and one more time – referrals

Working with buyers and working with sellers each requires different skills. If I were looking for a good agent to represent me (I’m a RE broker), I’d ask them to tell me about the toughest deal they represented a buyer or seller on – what were the challenges and what did they do to overcome them.

If you’re looking for a listing agent, you’d want to see a thorough, realistic, honest CMA and a detailed marketing plan for selling your property. If you’re looking for a buyer’s agent, I’d like to know how many buyers they’re currently working with and the areas (markets) they’re actively working in.

The number of years of experience is relevant, but longevity in the business without other qualities & skills is not the most important thing. As with any other partnership (and working with an agent is a kind of partnership), each of you should know what you can expect from the other – things like good communications, returning calls, accessibility, trust.

Mostly I would say the attitude is key. How do they approach their work and treat their clients, integrity and professionalsim. Get references – from past buyers for a buyer’s agent and from past sellers for a listing agent.

Nancy