Realistic Start?

Hello!

I am really interested in getting started. However, my start up situation is not great. I have median 550-ish credit scores and about $13,000 to use.

Is it feasible to buy houses w/ no money down this way? I would prefer to buy subject to or assign properties. I have found several FSBOs but have been afraid to call and get the ball rolling given my credit/income situation.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Howdy Misosoup:

What are you afraid of? If you are assigning the contract you have noting to lose and only a few hundred to put up as earnest money. It is not as easy as some of the books explain but it is not brain surgery either. I have always been curious what brain surgeons compare their work to. Perhaps they say it is just brain surgery and not like buying a house. Read my previous post about procrastination and motivation to get started and what is your excuse.

http://www.reiclub.com/forums/index.php?board=29;action=display;threadid=2539

Thanks tedjr for your reply. I don’t know exactly what I am afraid of. I was gung ho a few months ago and then I started reading about credit scores, etc. THen i think I confused myself into thinking I would have to put up the money to flip the house. Info overload, perhaps? :-\ I’ll read the link!

Thanks again!