Real Estate Investor Club

I will be attending my first one this month in Martin County Florida…

What should I expect? What do I talk about? Obviously, I’m new at this…any help would be appreciated…I have business cards and am trying to get into wholesaling…so I’m looking for buyers/investors and looking to build up my power team of contacts.

Thanks for any and all advise!

Network, network, network. Build your buyer’s list. Also, get referrals for a Title Company, Realtors (for comps), and also maybe contractors & inspectors.

Expect to find other new members there. I would introduce myself then ask them to tell you about a deal that they are either working on just did. Then let them know that you are a wholesaler and that you would like to find them deals.

You need to get some business cards if you don’t have any.

www.vistaprint.com is a pretty inexpensive place.

You can also go to your local Staples store or even Fedex/kinkos

I made some already but I’ve been told on here that Foreclosure Consultants, Inc. isn’t a really good name to use

Any input?

Just put we We Buy Houses

I would suggest getting a website and a phone number on the card. A website can buy you instant credibility with other investors because most don’t know how easy it is to build one. If you decide to do this be sure to get a domain name that is both memorable and conveys a good point.

Here is some advice on REI meetings, I have found it to be very useful

Having buyers is one of the most important part of the real estate wholesaling success equation. One of the quickest ways to meet investors who can later turn into buyers is by attending real estate investment club functions. The fees to join your local real estate investment club will vary, but I can promise you that investment clubs are well worth the money if you use your time there correctly

To get the most out of attending real estate investment club functions it will be very important to step out of your shell and meet the other investors in the group. Here are a few thing to keep in mind when attending your local REI club meetings:

Remember that you have 2 ears and 1 mouth for a reason.-Try to listen twice as often as you talk. If you have not noticed yet, people love to talk about themselves, so let them.

Don’t try to be right
- Even if you here the “Old investing pro” say something wrong, do not jump into correct him. People do not like to be corrected, and will often lash out at you if you try to make them look bad.

Have your success stories ready- Now do not confuse this with bragging, or tooting your own horn. Instead subtly drop your past success stories into the conversation to spark interest. If you have made another investor a lot of money tell that story. Maybe, you have found some great deals for another investor, talk about those great deals.