Real Estate Investing Success

I know that a bunch of people posted about real estate success goals for 2007 were put out there in this and many other forums. but i wanted repost about it.

how will you measure success in real estate this year?

i’d really like to hear from all the real estate investors on here. i think hearing from everyone about their real estate investing success mission this year will give each of us a good idea of how far off we are! lol

and for others, hearing someone talk about their success goals for 2007 will help each of us learn.

so please please please - post on here about your real estate investing succes goals for 2007.

be specific (as specifici as you can be without giving away any trade secrets :wink: ). i really want to get an idea of how grandiose some of the real estate investing success goals are.

“If you’re going to be thinking, you might as well think BIG.” D. Trump

here’s to your real estate investing success goals for the new year!!

My goal is to read 10 books relating to REI/business!

Here is my list:

• How to Succeed in Commercial Real Estate
  • Landlording: A Handy Manual for Scrupulous Landlords and Landladies Who Do It Themselves
  • Property Management for Dummies
  • Legal Forms for Starting & Running a Small Business 4th Edition
  • Deduct It! Lower Your Small Business Taxes, Second Edition
  • Rich Dads Guide to Investing by Robert Kiyosaki
  • Entrepreneurship: Theory, Process, and Practice
  • Marketing for Dummies
  • Advertising for Dummies
  • Your Limited Liability Company: An Operating Manual

If any of these books aren’t good some feedback would be wonderful.

hey adam,

RD’s Guide to Investing - is EXCELLENT.

i’ve read a few of the others on that list - deduct it and LLC owners manual is very good.

so that’s your Real Estate Success plan for the year huh…good luck!

I would say since this is my first year I will achieve success if I can actually make an offer on a property. First, though, comes TONS of research!!! (It’s fun for me… am I a dork?) ;D

“If you’re not embarassed to submit your offer, then you’ve offered too much.”

I plan on being rejected, but I also plan on not taking that personally, and moving on to the next possible deal without dwelling. All I need is the one person out of 99 (hopefully less!) that says “Yes” and I’m in business. I can’t WAIT for my first deal!

My real estate investing goals for 2007 are going to stay sweet and simple. I will set my goal to adding 3 cash generating assets to my asset column.