Question

I am 16 years old, but unfortunetly I guess you could say im kind of a non-skilled type of guy when it comes to fixing things(such as laying tile, laying floor, painting, laying carpet). I was wondering if it is going to be really difficult to do Real Estate due to my lack of skills.

Im not really into the flip housing thing(althought i watch property ladder every day).

Buying and doing minor fix-ups and renting is more appealing to me, should my lack of skills be a huge problem?

P.S. Im a person who doesnt like spending money. I can live without spending money and still be happy, so I can invest all of my money until I move out of my parents house(they have a really big house) so I dont plan to move out till im like 21-22.(All i need in IU basketball, Colts, and Cubs!!! :D)

Congratulations on getting started at such a young age. I would suggest that you spend most of your time learning and reading past posts on this website. Another suggestion would be for you to look up your local REIA (Real Estate Investment Association). At your local REIA you should be able to find someone who could mentor you. I worked two years doing odds and ends for one of the HomeVestors franchises (We Buy Ugly Houses). The amount of information I learned was a eye opener.

Don’t rush into investing you have plenty of time to find your niche. Good luck to you. Keep us posted.

Joe

You may want to check with an attorney in your state about your age and contracts. I believe you have to be at least 18 to sign a legally enforceable contract.

If this is the case, look for opportunities to birddog so you can be paid without being on the contract.