question regarding assignments

I’m new here and to the business and I’ve had great responses in my other post. Thanks to everyone! My new question is where would I be able to find assignment documents? Is this something I can find with a local realtor, is there a general form floating around online somewhere, or is it a state specific form? Again, we’re new to the business, so we’ve just started to meet people, and will be attending our first REIC meeting here very soon. Would someone at this meeting possibly be able to point me in the right direction? If I understand correctly, to wholesale, you put a contract on a house with assignment provisions and other CYA clauses, and then present the deal to a prearranged list of buyers. It almost sounds too simple. If there’s anyone out there that’s willing to help me understand it in a little more depth, it’d be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!

Zachary Nichols

I just sign the contacts with “and assigns” after my name.

Is it really as simple as that?

Zach

ACtually, not the signature - the place to put it is on the buyer’s name line:

“Sally Seller agrees to sell to Bobby Buyer and/or his assigns”

And yes, it is that simple.

Then when you find a buyer to wholesale it to you just do an assignment agreement.

We use the 4 page standard far bar contract. On the second page it has a box you can check,

___ Assignable and released from all liability

We get the forms through Alta Star Forms, I think its 75.00 per year or something. We are not licensed realtors either.

Then you can make up your own Assignment form that you sign with your new buyer. Something to the effect of:
Purchase and sale dated, with seller, buyer (you) now assigning to ____ for assignment fee of, to close on… And state that the assignment fee is non-refundable. You also say you are accepting 1-3K dn. As part of the assignment fee, this is also non-refundable.

You can get one from an investor in your community, just ask around. Your buyer will probably already have one, but it will be worded to protect him, so you will need to change it some.

Hope that helps!

Thank you all so much for your feedback! I welcome any more advice on this subject. I’m just trying to weigh my options between assignments and/or double closings.

I have never done so, but have read that you just put “and/or assigns” where you put your name.
There is then a form you can fill out to assign it to another buyer. I found all my real estate forms free on-line by googling for them.