psychology on this one...ideas to find the magic key

johnnyg,

this will be the last i address your posts if they contain false accusatoins which you continously display. i am not denying the fact that i’m in rei to make money. this is obvious and understood by everyone who engages in rei. i will not, however, act immorally to obtain the goals which i’ve set for myself.

this thread has been totally hijacked but apparently i have to clarify some things. the last two homeowners i dealt with were able to keep their home. could these have been great money makers? you bet. i consider myself a last resort. i tell homeowners that their best bet is to work someting out with the bank. if this fails, i’d be more than happy to work with them to see what we can come up with. i don’t tell them what i’ll do for them, i let them tell me by asking questions and digging out their problems. i could have charged these people a consulting fee, but for what? they’re already having money management issues and i felt better knowing i’ve done a good thing. (so in answer to your questions johnnyg, i do believe in karma.) i have nothing against charging for a service, but i just haven’t personally.

moving along…i knew board members would be curious as to why i’d be pursing this deal, and apparently it received more at criticism than expected. i’m basing this on a similar situation i had. during the first conversation i was told to f off and the phone was hungup. this was the first time i was speaking with a homeowner and i wasn’t well equipped with the right information. i did a poor job of communcating and came off completely wrong. i gathered my thoughts and contacted this gentelman shortly after. long story short, by the end of the month i was able to get his ex wife and daughter into a town home they would have never been able to get. he called me up and couldnt thank me enough.

so given the current sitution, there are similarities. it seems the homeowners who act the most hostile are the ones who need help most (at least in my experience).i feel i did not do a good job in presenting myself as a problem solver. i didn’t have the right responses, and i don’t blame her for continuing to rant and rave. having that said, i decided to post here and see what ideas i could come up with to hopefully turn the situation around and be of service to this lady. i’m hoping for a similar outcome. (her thanking me in the end)

that’s as brief as i can make it w/out posting pages of details. if you want more explainations or examples, feel free to drop me a private email or pm. i’ll be happy to go over my business plan and the way i conduct my business.

having that said, i’d like to (once again) get back on topic. for sake of this thread, you’ll have to take my word that i’m acting in an ethical maner and not cheating this lady out of her home/equity. i’m just brainstorming of some possible ways to to get through to her (if possible at all)

update: well i was hestitant to go back, but did anyway. the lady wasn’t home and that was that.

i wasn’t sure what to do from there, so i tried a different approach. i sent a mailer which contained a valid check to postpone the sale by a month. i figured this coudl buy her some time to figure someting else out. she never opened the mail because a week later, i could see my envelope in her mailbox along with tons of other mail.

i also saw magnets on the door of other companies. actually it was an obnoxious amount so i can see the reason of her actions.

the home sold today at the auction. so i guess this just goes to show, no matter how much you try to get people to take action…there’s nothing you really can do.

i chaulk this up as a learning experience. next time when confronted with a similar situation i hope to handle it better so there’s no need for a revist :biggrin

…there’s the update for those curious.

take care,
ryan

Interesting story ryan and I’m glad you gave the update, those are the stories I was hoping to read about when I koined this forum.

One question? Did johnnyg ever get that apartment in LA? :biggrin

glad you gain benefit from my post.

as far as johnnyg, let’s just saying i hope he’s not holding his breath ;]

I heard one guy used to show up holding out a $100 bill, saying he was there to deliver it, his boss told him too. He claimed he was there to help and handed out the $100 bucks. It got the door open and business started. And yes he handed out 100’s with no return in some cases, but the ones it worked on made up for it… Darin

thats interesting. i like the outside the box thinking.

to add to this thread. (not so much outside the box stuff) but i received a call from a homeowner’s son from a letter i left. i never was able to get in contact with him after he left the VM. the home goes to sale on thurs. i decided to visit the home again in person. long story short, i’ll be speaking with him in about an hour.

i guess the key is to find a happy medium which will give a little push for homeowners to take action…and to do so right the first time :wink:

ryan