Property Management Ins.

I am interested in starting a property management company. I know that the property owners need to have some kind of insurance on the property, but do I need to as well?

Anytime you own a business you most certainly need to carry insurance. Talk to your local broker and find out how much you should carry in regards to your specific needs.

I assume that you’ve looked up laws in your state regarding licensing requirements for “property mamagers”, which in most states requires a “RE brokers license”, that carries bonding requrements among others. Also theres general liability insurance, workman’s comp, E&O (errors and ommissions" insurance as well.