Post Your Stock and Option Trades Here!

My SRS calls are moving pretty good; trying to fight the time decay here.

Looking at GS and RIMM calls at the end of the day depending on a few things.

chris

i dont or should say i havent traded options yet. I was asking jake about his QQQQ june 16 put options play becuase it seemed like a good play and the price was down to .16 then today its .34 . i buy and short stocks but options seem like something i will be getting into also.

i think i will be taking a stab at shorting MCD very soon. i should have moved in @ 61 but i see more room for it to plunge @ its current level of 57 . earnings are on the 26th i wonder if they’ll be bad :flush

Good luck to you Liquidity! Options can be wonderful, or can destroy a HUGE part of your portfolio in just minutes.

Bought 2 GE Jan 14 calls here. With the dow being hammered for days and days now, as well as GE, we’re due for a small rally/ bounce here.

Bought 200 shares of BAC (Bank of America) at $8.01 and then immediately sold 2 contracts of the February $7.50 covered call (BYOBW) at $2.09 per share. My goal is to make $400 on this trade.
With the covered call, my basis in the stock is $5.92. The bet here is that BAC is “too big to fail” and the government will keep pumping money into them to keep them afloat!

Mike

Looking to get into Feb 15 or 17.5 calls for FAS depending on how fast this thing moves in premarket tomorrow. Hoping to get one last wind off of the BAC and C earnings tomorrow for my remaining FAZ calls. That’d also get me in lower on those FAS feb calls. We’ll see how truly bad these earnings are tomorrow, although I think most of it has already been factored into price.

Filled my FEB 17.5 FAS calls @ 2.50. Looking for a bounce today to close my Jan GE calls and FAZ calls on a good note.

Because “Peter Schiff was right” -

1/15/09 Bought 25 GLD at $80.58.

I’ll add to this position substantially if Peter Schiff’s prediction of hyper-inflation wins out of Nouriel Roubini’s prediction of stag-deflation.

JP

:smile 2nd post tonight, and I am excited about this topic because it was thread that propertymanager and fdjake have been going back and forth a few months ago. I am drawn to fdjakes views of Ford stocks, and since I am interested in buying and holding… :help How do I roll over my 401 (k) (what’s left of it :banghead) to Fords stock? I want to put a high % of my 401 (k) to ford. Can I roll it over to a roth IRA or roth 401 (k)? I have been waiting to long, and I don’t want to look back in five or ten years from now and say "Oh I should of or I could of :smashpc "

NoTice, If you’re tired of watching your 401k shrink, just shift the balance to money market and fixed income. As good as Ford looks, I would’nt use retirement funds for this. It’s a pure speculative play. You could lose much more or even all your 401k. There will always be opprtunities like Ford. But Ford’s not out of the woods yet. I think you’ll have plenty of time to purchase Ford over the next 6 - 12 months.

phlemboy thanks that’s a smart move, I’ll do that and wait till that opportunity comes. I just didn’t want to miss the train, you know. :biggrin Is great to know this.

-Victor

I’m still in the learning process of investing, but I’ve learned that there are always opprtunities. You just have to know how to spot them ( which can be difficult at times). Good luck.

Bought 100 shares of STT (State Street) at $18.68. Sold the February $17.50 covered call for a whopping $4.40 per share or $440. This is a risky play, but puts my basis in the stock at $14.28.

Mike

keeping an eye on uyg and bac . i missed todays huge drop, i thought i could short MCD at close thinking it was going to be a hope and dreams day thus a plus day in the market. boy was i wrong.

UYG closed @ 2.73 :eyecrazy BAC @ 5.10 :eyecrazy

mcd drop almost 5% i should have put in a market order before i left today.

the price action uyg and bac makes me drool but i dont think they’ll be moving up before monday when MCD releases its earnings so i can make some money during the rest of the week.

This article on forbes makes very good sense to me about our countries banking troubles. This is becoming the great depression part II and if they don’t use the tools that helped correct the 1st depression now we’ll be in this mess for a prolonged period.

http://www.forbes.com/2009/01/20/accounting-treasury-obama-oped-cx_bw_rs_0121wesburystein.html?partner=yahootix

I bought some calls on RIMM yesterday and some calls on AAPL this morning on the first pull back in anticipation of good earnings tonight. Both up decently; AAPL +33% and RIMM +28%. My FAS is beginning to move again, but we’re going to need some more up days before I break even on that early buy.

EDIT: AAPL up to 90+ AH’s on GREAT earnings! BOOYAH! :biggrin

well etrade doesnt have any shares of mcd to short i swear im gonna move some money to charles schwab for short trades.

so i bought 4k shares of UYG 3.02 and 2k shares of BAC 5.72

if they get hit more this week ill probably add on to them.

DRYS is sinking today. when it gets to 8’s i’ll be interested. i need to read up on their cancellation though.

Sold my RIMM calls for a 23% gain and am holding onto AAPL while it keeps retesting that 90 resistance.

seems odd that John thain buys BAC stock a day before he resigns. I think he knows what hes doing.

I think i may go in hard on BAC.

Good luck on BAC. There is a lot going on behind doors, far too much for my liking.