Possible first lead

I have recently just decided to start bird dogging and have ordered some products and been learning alot here.

Anyhow I was telling someone I know today what I was starting to do and she told me about her neighbor who has major tax problems and may looses her home.

I took a drive pass the house and it doesnt look like it being taking care of so this may be a good lead.

My question is how do I go about verifying this info and finding out whats owed on the house and what fmv is as well as any tax problems?

My question is how do I go about verifying this info and finding out whats owed on the house and what fmv is as well as any tax problems?

First find the owner of the house. You can find out what is owed on the house by talking with the owner and having then sign an Authorization to Release Information and fax that to the bank that holds the mortgage. This will allow you to talk to the bank on behalf of the owner.

For FMV you can talk to a realtor or somebody with MLS access and run comps. There are also comp services out there that will do this for a price.

Tax leins or any other leins can be found through a title company. Look in the yellow pages. Also costs $75-$100.

Good luck and congratulations on taking the first step!

Yes but I am doing this as my first lead as a bird dog not as the investor myself.

I was under the impression I cannot interact with the homeowner by law unless it is me who is the investor.

As far as tax leins, are you saying to find tax lein info out that I as a bird dog have to pay $75 to $100 dollars ?

It’s not illegal to talk to anyone and ask them if they are interested in selling their house.

But it probably hurts your chances of getting good information if you tell them you are a bird-dog, for an investor. Just be simple, and say “I am interested in buying your house.” Don’t talk too much.

Take care,

… Christopher