Politics in Random Ramblings??? POLL please vote

One of the things that got Mike was the fact that his mind was not educated. I don’t mean college degrees (I have no idea if he had one or not) but as Aristotle said. “It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.” That is what I always tried to do when we had these discussions is to bring up points of view that were different. People are not idiots. The people that have different ideas than you do are thinking caring people also. But in order to appreciate their ideas is like tasting a wine. You have to take it in swish it around a bit but you don’t want to become intoxicated with their thoughts. In order to do that you have to understand that in the end you can spit it back out and be no worse for it. As long as you don’t swallow you are still true to your beliefs.

This or any other website is not going to change me from who I am. My parents made me who I am. But discussions with people so that I can understand their thoughts and give them my thoughts is how we grow.

Hmmm,I been slammed with work .SO, I guess it was a good time to throw me under
the bus for some.Actually, I would run through numerous posts and pages of the pingpong match between Fd and Mike,not responding to most of since it seemed to never end.But since I am now a part of the problem(and I have’nt been on here),I wonder why the traffic is slow.Hmmmm,weird. :rolleyes

Personally I’ve gathered alot of insight from Bluemoon and have alot in common with Fd even though we sometimes disagree,but it’s calm.I just refuse to relate to people can’t talk without it getting childish,it does take two to keep it going,does’nt it?? :shocked.

I’m the guy that ends it by not responding to the BS pingpong when it turns that direction.But I guess a “new rule” will prevent that from happening to those who can’t have that self control. :rolleyes

I really don’t care who beleives what and know that I can’t change their mind.Maybe some people have a hard time dealing with that fact. Either way,I’ll wake up tommorrow and try to make my life better.So any opinions on here or elsewhere don’t effect that. :cool

Bama, hows everything going on on the gulf coast?

Rob,

Thanks for your concern.
It’s getting a little better.Atleast we see an end to the oil everywhere.But the media has pulled out and the real truth about how much was sunk /hidden is for us all to live with.It’s really had a domino effect on every type of business over these states.

The dumba$$ moretorium is costing jobs also locally.Alot of the supply boats are built and maintained from local shipyards.My uncle runs one in Bayou la Batre and he said it’s killing them.I also know a guy with a processing plant that is hurting bad because people are scared of the seafood.Although we are supposed to be reassured by the govt idiots who “smell tested” the shrimp and said they were ok :rolleyes!!How stupid,huh??I’ll stick with the shrimpers(who actually are losing big)and still say it’s not a good time to eat shrimp,crab,oysters,flounder.

Better days are ahead though.I’ve seen this area torn down to nothing but dirt and come back.

Its hard seeing the economy suffer everywhere. The malls here have all lost stores and shoppers. It seems everything is out to take away business nowadays. Dont want to get political…
Take care and hit me up on facebook sometime.

Rob,

I will do.Hope all is going as well as it can for you and your difficult situation.Stay strong my friend.

Thanks, not really working in my favor right now.

Are things starting to turn around yet? or at least even out some?