PO BOX

Who has one and are they necessary?

This is a question only you can answer.

You need a mailing address, right? Can you use your home for this? If so, then you don’t need a PO Box.

Im getting one tomorrow as my mom insists I dont use our address on the return of stuff :smiley:

I WANT a UPS box because it is an actual street address but all 4(!) in my town refuse to rent me one because they are either moving or closing soon.

PO box is like 15 for a year or six months. UPS is 15 opening fee and 10-15 a month.

I’m not a huge fan of the PMB. Sure, it’s nice that you can get FedEx there and have someone sign for your certified mail, etc., but if someone is familiar with the address or, even worse, gets in their car to come see you, you might be thought of as a scam. Some people think that if you’re running your business from one of these addresses, it’s because you’re not entirely legit. To me, PMBs still feel less than professional.

Also, and maybe this never happened, and maybe no one cares if it did, but I know there was talk that mail would have to be addressed this way to be received:

John Doe
1234 Main Street
PMB 1234 ← the important part
Anytown, XX 12345

I know that I would not want to put “PMB” on my mail.

If it were me, I’d get a P.O. Box (which I did). All you need is something for returned mail, right?

What’s the difference between a PMB and a PO Box?

IF U dont want mail to come to youre home then a po box is good.

A PMB is a UPS Store mailbox. More expensive but you get an actual street address.

A PO box is a post office box with a number, no street address.

Im going for PO box after doing some thinking. Its not really worth the cash for the PMB,

i would put the po box on the return address for all mailings… the people out there are nuts and would not want them showing up to the ofifce or home unannounced

For my investing I have used a UPS Store box. I have never had any issues.

What I love is that if I am expecting a package or certain piece of mail, I can just call them to find out if it has arrived, so I don’t waste a trip.